Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Advice

• 29-08-2011 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi guys id like some advice on a gbb pistol. Anyone out there able to give me any good recommendations. Ideally I would prefer one with a capacity to screw on a tracer unit that is 14mm counter clockwise and full metal. Any help would be appreciated guys thanks!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Sealcon

Hey I asked this question a day or two ago and got some great answers you should check it out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74103035#post74103035

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭p90airsofter

Sealcon wrote: »
    Hey I asked this question a day or two ago and got some great answers you should check it out: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74103035#post74103035

Thanks mate!!! Looking for specific gun types though that fit the criteria that ppl might no of but thanks a mil for comment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Honestly I wouldn't consider a threaded barrel a requirement - they are available aftermarket, and usually are very easy to install. The main things to consider with a pistol are:

- Looks; do you like how it looks? There's no point in using something if you really hate it
    - Feel; Even if something looks fantastic, it might not be the best suited for your hands - some guns' controls are very awkward to use.
    - Power source: You've mentioned GBB - so you've got HFC134a/Duster gas (for the likes of Maruzen), Green Gas (industry standard) or Co2 (probably the best power source at the moment)
    - Build Quality; some guns are very poorly made and require some serious TLC before they're even remotely ready for use - this is something to bear in mind. Some brands are far superior to others in this regard
    - Reliability; You can get guns that look great, feel great, and break within 1,000 BBs that use the most obscure parts that you cannot source - so reliability is definitely something you should consider
    - Accuracy; although you can achieve greater accuracy in any pistol with enough modifying, some are beyond excellent stock. Tokyo Marui stuff is certainly up there

I know that doesn't help with raw recommendations...but I find all that leads to is people buying things that others say is good, instead of buying what's right for them

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭p90airsofter

Inari wrote: »
    Honestly I wouldn't consider a threaded barrel a requirement - they are available aftermarket, and usually are very easy to install. The main things to consider with a pistol are:

- Looks; do you like how it looks? There's no point in using something if you really hate it
    - Feel; Even if something looks fantastic, it might not be the best suited for your hands - some guns' controls are very awkward to use.
    - Power source: You've mentioned GBB - so you've got HFC134a/Duster gas (for the likes of Maruzen), Green Gas (industry standard) or Co2 (probably the best power source at the moment)
    - Build Quality; some guns are very poorly made and require some serious TLC before they're even remotely ready for use - this is something to bear in mind. Some brands are far superior to others in this regard
    - Reliability; You can get guns that look great, feel great, and break within 1,000 BBs that use the most obscure parts that you cannot source - so reliability is definitely something you should consider
    - Accuracy; although you can achieve greater accuracy in any pistol with enough modifying, some are beyond excellent stock. Tokyo Marui stuff is certainly up there

I know that doesn't help with raw recommendations...but I find all that leads to is people buying things that others say is good, instead of buying what's right for them

Thanks man, I didnt know you could buy an aftermarket threaded barrel!!! That should make this a lot easier, any ideas of a shop where i could buy one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The asian ones are your best bet; WGC shop, UNcompany, EHobbyAsia, RSOV, DENTrinity, Tokyo Model Company (NOTE: NOT http://www.tokyohobby.net/ - that is a scam website) etc.

Have a look and see what is available - you should be pleasantly surprised at the selection of parts

• Advertisement
Advertisement