Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player Question

Options
  • 29-08-2011 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone out there can help me out. I have a standard Sky+ subscription and have logged in to my Sky Player and its worked OK. The girlfriends sister has a movies package and doesn't have an Xbox so I was hoping to use her details so I could avail of the movies on my Xbox as she's not gonna use it. I set an account up on Sky website using her viewing card number etc and logged into Skyplayer with those details. For some reason when I go to watch a movie it says something like "you need to subscribe to watch this for free". Does anyone out there have any idea what I'm doing wrong here? It lets me sign in but just won't let me watch anything. Very frustrating. Would be sweet to get access to the on demand movies as there's a load of them on there. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Hmm that should have worked, when you set up the profile did you make the xbox the PRIMARY user? I had some problems with this initially maybe it will help.

Actually wait, does the sister have multi room? I believe that is mandatory for the sky player on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

GAAman wrote: »
    Hmm that should have worked, when you set up the profile did you make the xbox the PRIMARY user? I had some problems with this initially maybe it will help.

Actually wait, does the sister have multi room? I believe that is mandatory for the sky player on xbox

I think she might have multi room. I'm pretty sure the missus doesn't have multi-room though and it works no problem with hers (minus the movies unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It was, its gone now, they removed the restriction when it changed from Sky Player to Sky Go or whatever they like to call it these days....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Is it not that you cant have two different sky accounts on 1 gamertag?

Is it not that you cant have two different sky accounts on 1 gamertag?

That sounds like an excellent point, take the first sky profile off and put the second one on it and see if that helps it might be a conflict and you are still using the first

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anybody else notice all the new channels on the sky player?
    Its unbelievable, theres 11 movie channels alone. :D

Patsy fyre wrote: »

I know! I thought i was seeing things! Still a bit annoying when some of the content is not on demand and you get that feckin "this is not available" message with that horrible "music" would be better if there was silence with the message!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

I know! I thought i was seeing things! Still a bit annoying when some of the content is not on demand and you get that feckin "this is not available" message with that horrible "music" would be better if there was silence with the message!

Is it possible to record sky go/player to the xboxz harddrive?
    And what exactly do I need from sky to set up skyplayer. Viewing card details and? Might use my dads account as he isn't using it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Is it possible to record sky go/player to the xboxz harddrive?
    And what exactly do I need from sky to set up skyplayer. Viewing card details and? Might use my dads account as he isn't using it:)

Don't think it is possible to record to the hard drive however I may be wrong.

As far as I can remember you need the viewing card number, the bill payers mobile number and last name. Thinks thats pretty much it. If you have a decent connections its extremely handy

Don't think it is possible to record to the hard drive however I may be wrong.

As far as I can remember you need the viewing card number, the bill payers mobile number and last name. Thinks thats pretty much it. If you have a decent connections its extremely handy

Yep this pretty much, you cant record stuff but alot of it is on demand content so you can watch it when you want (except the live tv obviously!) it is a very handy thing i would be lost without it!

You need to create a sky id on the sky site using your dads details, download the sky player to your xbox (you do this on the live marketplace) and put the sky id into the player. The sky player will only work if you have a gold live subscription.

You will have access to everything your dad has, movies sports etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement