Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Clearance

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Would anyone know where I should go to get the required police clearance documentation for time spent in the UK (Middlesex and Antrim), and the US (Illinois)? Am compiling an Intercountry Adoption application, these are my last items.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rinsjwind

Might I suggest Googleing the police depts in each of those places? Most western police forces now have vetting systems for childcare workers etc. so it should be a fairly routine procedure.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

Hoping303 wrote: »
    Would anyone know where I should go to get the required police clearance documentation for time spent in the UK (Middlesex and Antrim), and the US (Illinois)? Am compiling an Intercountry Adoption application, these are my last items.

Thanks!

in the UK its the Criminial Records Bureau. the one organisation covers all police force areas.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_068034

contact them to find out the score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Well you'll be getting the forms from your social worker in the HSE for the Irish clearance, they will be able to point you in the right direction..

Advertisement