Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Hunger Strike Commenoration

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭

Please join Drogheda SF, |Cumann Bobby Sands in commemorating the 22 Irish Hunger Strikers, and the 30th Anniversary of the 81 Hunger Strikes. Parade will assemble at 2.30pm in Bolton Square(Market), Drogheda and march to the Hunger Strike Monument. Main speaker is Dessie Ellis TD. The function afterwards will be in the River House bar, Marsh Rd, with music provided by Rapscallion.... Please join us and invite your friends, all are welcome

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142066939217851

I plan to head along to this myself, I've heard Dessie speak before, very nice, articulate man. I would encourage people to head along, if you aren't on facebook you tend to miss out/not hear about these type of things (didn't hear about this myself until tonight) so I thought I would just pop it up here (don't want a debate or anything about the various hungerstrikers etc) to let people know about it, thinking perhaps some here would appreciate it. Hope thats ok!

Hope to see some of you there! I'll be the quiet young man standing towards the back :D

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot the date, its on Saturday, September 3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

558198_404842459571824_2062372144_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I wonder will Mr McFeeley attend British Passport in back pocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Nesta99 wrote: »
    I wonder will Mr McFeeley attend British Passport in back pocket?
    I somehow doubt he would be welcome... or if he would want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

I somehow doubt he would be welcome... or if he would want to go.

Or can afford to go if his accountant is to be believed:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement