Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undue settlement in my box of Daz

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

5.44kg box of Daz, when I opened it up the washing powder was five and a half inches from the top of the box, talk about conning the consumer :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did you weigh it? They don't fill them to the top, it goes by weight and not by volume. If the weight is correct, then there's no complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Put the box of washing power in the tumble dryer for 10 minutes. That should add some volume to it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bogman wrote: »
    5.44kg box of Daz, when I opened it up the washing powder was five and a half inches from the top of the box, talk about conning the consumer :rolleyes:
    Slam the box on the floor a few times and i bet the level drops even lower! The answer is in the first part of your post!
    5.44kg box of Daz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

jor el wrote: »
    Did you weigh it? They don't fill them to the top, it goes by weight and not by volume. If the weight is correct, then there's no complaint.

No complaints about the weight of course but why are they not more honest and make the box say 4" smaller, I still say its a con and they are out to fool the consumer into thinking they are getting a box that full of powder, of course there will be settlement but not 1/3 of the height of the box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

bogman wrote: »
    No complaints about the weight of course but why are they not more honest and make the box say 4" smaller, I still say its a con and they are out to fool the consumer into thinking they are getting a box that full of powder, of course there will be settlement but not 1/3 of the height of the box
    If worried about the amount of packaging being used why not just buy the tablets which seem to be compressed powder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

...or buy edible clothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

the extra space allows the powder to move about freely. If it was compacted to an exact size, you'd sometimes end up with a solid block.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

If it was filled to the top, it'd spill all over the place when you poured it into the tray. Think, OP - think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I reckon you need to go to the small claims court on this one. i reckon daz might settle out of court though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The famous words "Some settling of contents may occur in transit".

I don't see how this is a Consumer Issue. Closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement