Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remember your first crush or were you too cool for that?

• 30-08-2011 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭

Song just came up on my ipod. It was the song I tied to my first crush back in first year. It basically was me asking her the questions. Course we never got together but are the best of friends but even to this day I still keep it as my song for her.

Do you have a song or remember ur first crush.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Man up will ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

fedor.2. wrote: »
    Man up will ya
    Umm... have a wee look at the OP's username ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Noll

Mind = blown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Man up will ya

Hey its past midnight I'm allowed my 30 cans of red bull . Plus I'm bored as a dodo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Man up will ya

Wat bout it ..............:......:..........................:.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

the sexy one off saved by the bell... the only reason I watched that show, except for the comedic antics of zach and screech of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I think my first crush was on one of my neighbours..... who happened to be really good friends with my older brother so he was always wandering around my house. He was loverly! Married with kids now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

spanish student, curvy shape I was only about 10 or 11 but that set the precedent for what type of girls I would fancy from then on.
    wow I was young thinking about it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

His name was Ross and we went out for about a month when I was 13. He broke my heart when he broke up with me the day before valentine's day because he didn't want to buy me a present (I'd already brought his present & spent about £20 on it, a fortune for me back then). He asked me to go out with him again a week later. I told him to fcuk off.

He's is 33 now, massively overweight, balding and still living with his mammy. Karma. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Took me a while to cop on that the boys weren't just for playing cars, or football with, or climbing trees. Copped on a bit later they had other uses :pac:

I suppose the first crush would have been a boy that lived near me. He was obsessed with this song (wouldn't have been my thing, but always reminded me of him).

But a crush is a crush. He was a shy guy, but he let me have my wicked way eventually, and once I stuck the lips on him I wasn't bothered any more. The unattainable had been obtained :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Remember mine well, Dodged that bullet, Thinkin back I dnt know what I saw maybe cause She was a twin, But she turned out the least attractive girl and also a total c.nt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Abi wrote: »
    Took me a while to cop on that the boys weren't just for playing cars, or football with, or climbing trees. Copped on a bit later they had other uses :pac:

But a crush is a crush. He was a shy guy, but he let me have my wicked way eventually, and once I stuck the lips on him I wasn't bothered any more. The unattainable had been obtained :pac:
    Wicked !

My first crush like me was 14 years old and we did get to snog a bit so I had achieved something and she lingers in the memory for those time ,like I had crossed that akward moement but my real horniness didn't take over till about a year later when I was ripe for more ..deeper exploring :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Elly from Elly and Jools. I must have been about 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

April O'Neil from Teenage Mutang Ninja Turtles.

Man, she'd get it. Hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

April O'Neil from Teenage Mutang Ninja Turtles.

Man, she'd get it. Hard
    Yer wan with the glasses from Scooby Doo did it for me ...I was one horny lil fcuker alright .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Vanessa Paradis, i would have been 10 when this came out, jeesus but i had taste back then (there was just something about that gap between her front teeth), i think my standards may have slipped a little since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

We were 6, she reminded me of madonna, cant remember her name though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

We'llallhavetea was my true first, there is nobody else.

I'm waiting for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

First crush was with a girl who was in a musical that I was in at school. I was going on 14 , as was she. Beautiful looking girl - tall, slim with long brown hair. Nice girl as well. Had a lot of admirers though and me being a long-haired thrash metal fan at the time had no chance with her.

Was also in a play with her a few years later.

She's still good looking. An actress these days and has been on TV both in Ireland and the UK.

Anyway, this is the song:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Ahh I remember mine well, a lad off the local football team that went to the neighbouring school. Used to see him every Sunday at mass and get goosebumps when he went up to get communion.

Snogged him at the local disco a few years later and it was cold, soggy and ikky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I was 12. I can't remember his first name, but his surname was McEvoy and I fell in love at camp. I never said a word to him and whenever he was near me I'd walk away :p He probably thought I was a rude b*tch but I was just so nervous around him as he was so cute!!!

God, I had forgotten about that. Wonder where he is now?:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Mine was a boy I used to be friends with, I was weak for him, but didn't tell any of my friends ( I was terrible shy back then!). Haven't seen him in around 10 years.....I wonder is he still hot and still single!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Her name was Bertha. Big Bertha and that Bitch crushed me good and proper. Cracked two ribs and lost my spleen!
    What a girl!

*I jest*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

First crush?

October 4th, 1988, Mosh Pit, Top Hat, Dun Laoghaire, Metallica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

He was just a young boy from the midlands, she was the alter-ego of Princess Adora and the twin sister of He-Man
    I desperately wanted to show her my Sword of Power, but it never worked out.
    I still carry a candle in my heart for She-Ra though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

He was just a young boy from the midlands, she was the alter-ego of Princess Adora and the twin sister of He-Man
    I desperately wanted to show her my Sword of Power, but it never worked out.
    I still carry a candle in my heart for She-Ra though.

She posts on here, you know :p

The lovely Kay. My french teacher. God she was great. She'd still get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

was about 10, girl in my class had a crush on her till i was about 13, nothing ever happened.

See her around all the time now, still say hi, but not even one feeling of anything :D

going out with the one now 'hopefully' :D

Her name was lola she was a show girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Had a crush on a girl in my class in primary school 5th or 6th class. Well I say "crush" in that I know I fancied her, but I can't remember being infatuated. Then my best mate went out with her. The dastard.

First proper "crushes" I can remember, as in being completely and utterly obsessed with their sexiness, were Claire Danes. I saw her in Romeo & Juliet @ 14, then had a sex dream about her and I was smitten for about 2 years. Bloody hormones.

Jennifer Paige after MTV played the song "Crush" constantly and it had a super-sexy video, I thought she was awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

I was eight we were in the summer scheme together.He was lovely, he didnt speak to me then , but when i was twelve he asked me out and we walked around the school together.Both of us were really shy, broke up the next day.Then met him at a party when i was 15 and we got together only a snog and a fool around but glad we finally did .Saw him years later, him with his kid and me with mine , he smiled said" hello" and said "ah look at us now parents" and i smiled back and said "i know who would have thought" . That the last time our paths crossed he was a lovely guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Abi wrote: »
    We'llallhavetea was my true first, there is nobody else.

I'm waiting for you.

where the fcuk have my clothes gone?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Girl who lived across the road when I was about 12. Worst thing was we always argued when we met, found out a couple of years later she had fancied me too. Oh well, there you go, I would imagine if I saw her now it wouldn't mean a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Well I was about 5 and she was about, oh, 30 odd. My first teacher. I was smitten.

Turned out she was a neurotic bitch (she did a few stints in the puzzle factory to the best of my knowledge) and I've been attracted to neurotic bitches ever since.

I could probably write a really melancholy love song about it but I couldn't be bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

My first crush was a Swiss girl who was the same age as me when I was a wee lad. She came to my Dad's house with her Dad and while our fathers were chatting she was sent down to my parents bedroom to watch cartoons with me. She got under the covers with me, and told me she had had sex before. I thought this was the most erotic thing anyone had ever said to me in my life (and it probably was).
    She then gave me a cuddle, which for about 2 years racked my conscience as I was convinced that we too had had sex.

Looked her up on facebook there recently, still as hot as she was at 7 (I was seven too, so I can say that, I think) and is now way out of my league.

Moral of the story: take your chance when you have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

later10 wrote: »
    Looked her up on facebook there recently, still as hot as she was at 7

paedo. reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

First crush on someone famous was tennis player Jennifer Capriati, even joined her fan club :o

Didn't really have a crush on anyone in my younger years, but graduation night from school, had a big crush on a girl from a neighbouring all girl school that I first saw on Paddys night that year in Hollywood Nights.

Anyway Graduation night in Holly's, finally got it together with her and as this played and I looked into her eyes I was convinced I was in love :P:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Is that a boy or a girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackdog2

Emma bunton, they truly are tits that do not quit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic. Oh the shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Gwen Stefani, I think I was 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

mine was a spanish (basque, very different) student too, coincidentally we spent the summer playing go fish. (she had to teach me how first though ;)) I do have a song but it's in spanish...something about mixing red wine with coca cola which made her puke a few times. and I learned all the words of that los lobos song la bamba which I still can't forget 20 odd years later as much as I want to. When I was old enough I ran away to Espana, never found her though but I've been in touch with some others who were here at the time. She's still the template I gauge my standards by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Belinda Carlilse, Susanna Hoffs.

:o

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

First crush: Robin out of batman and robin. Only now I can see how incredibly gay he really was...
    Stephen Gately was another one on my list back then, and coincidentally the first guy I ever kissed is now gay.

Now I go for anyone over 6ft with facial hair and muscles just in case :P

First ever actual crush was a guy from my area-looking back it was actually pathetic how infatuated I was with the guy...but about 5 years later we ended up hooking up and I said no when he eventually asked me out because he was a crap kisser and actually not that nice a person after all the years of pining for him. Lucky escape from what Ive heard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

My first would be identical twin girls in my class in primary school, around the age of 8-9 upwards I think, used to switch quite regularly as to which one I preferred (and no, I never did consider a threesome - was much too innocent/naiive:o - anyway it was a crush, can't remember anything sexual about it)

also my 1st year German/French teacher in secondary school. To a boy just hitting puberty she was hot!!

Had a few celebrity ones but the one that comes to mind would be Martina Hingis, the tennis player, for some reason:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Ah I was HOPELESS with crushes in school. I remember fancying people as young as 5! (when I was 5, too, that is. No paedo...) Probably because my mother was mad for those American soaps and I thought that was all how it happened.

Unfortunately that continued into secondary school and only got worse. I was a little sweetheart in my own head and couldn't see how women didn't dig the romantic approach that seemed to work so well on television. Gas, though, looking back.

Then I found The Wezz, Red Box etc and romance took a backseat to full on filth and sordid activity. I miss the innocent days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Elly from Elly and Jools. I must have been about 9.

Whoa.

Blast from the past or what????

• Advertisement
Advertisement