Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remember your first crush or were you too cool for that?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

My first crush was when I was 6 and he was our pool boy in Portugal, he name was Julio. I used to get up extra early sit at the balcony, watch him clean the pool and listen to him whistle his songs. He was perfect.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I had a massive crush on Mark* and his older sister was best buddies with my older sister, therefore my older sister tormented me about him. So much so that I would go purple and stutter every time he was around. Classy, huh?

The amout of cigarettes she got outta bribing me that she would hook us up. B!tch.

But I love it when you see the guy who broke your heart and he has a receding/balding hairline, a drinkers nose, beer gut and looks like someones auld lad and I still get asked for ID for drink (I'm 36) and still the same 8-10 size I was at 18. Karma indeed.

One guy who dumped me for a so-called mate looks about mid fifties and his wife (former friend) is looking very rough, and about 15 years older than she really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Girl from my town every lad our age fancied. One day at a fun fair there was a ride that 4 people could sit in. I was waiting my turn when her and 2 of her mates started waving and were looking at me. Ran over jumped in the empty seat. They were all staring at me and another girl was standing on the platform waiting 2 get in. I had to climb out looking like a mad eejit nd everyone laughing...

She's a junkie now :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Garda Margaret Murphy....the way she swung her truncheon at us and the amount of rabbit punches I got off her..I still have visions of her as I sprinted from the local orchard,how I wanted to be handcuffed by her...for a big girl she could certainly move fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Cadbury's Caramel Bunny? Anyone? Eh.........me neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sergeant wrote: »
    Cadbury's Caramel Bunny? Anyone? Eh.........me neither.

Reminds me of Jessica Rabbitt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Girl from my town every lad our age fancied. One day at a fun fair there was a ride that 4 people could sit in. I was waiting my turn when her and 2 of her mates started waving and were looking at me. Ran over jumped in the empty seat. They were all staring at me and another girl was standing on the platform waiting 2 get in. I had to climb out looking like a mad eejit nd everyone laughing...

She's a junkie now :-D

That is hilarious (first bit), second bit not so much :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

later10 wrote: »
    Is that a boy or a girl?

That is a boy, believe it or not. And he was my first fancy when I was about 8 or 10 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

This is going to sound a bit gay but here goes. My first crush was when i was 10, i played spin the bottle and kissed this girl. After that when i went past her house i felt butterflies and went a bit red. I barely spoke a word to her but i felt like i loved her really intensely. thus started about 5 years of unrequited love and awkwardness around girls. Luckily im over that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭trollin trollin trollin

My first crush was quite literally gay :( .Before i hit twelve my first crush was on another girl.I felt absolutely devastated and burst into tears almost every day because i hated myself for having gay feelings.I then went to an all girls secondary school after that and had about 4 more deep crushes right through it and i was starting to feel comfortable with it.

By the time i started college i was actually thinking about coming out,guess what happens?I was asked out by a wonderful guy and decided to give being straight one last shot.I don't know if it was his personality or what but after a few weeks i started to develop strong feeling for him and I'm now with him almost 3 years.I really do love him to bits now and tbh he's the only guy i could ever imagine myself having feelings for.

So after keeping all that in for nearly 10 years and melting my head in the process worrying about it,i'm finally coming out as bi.

Advertisement