Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midwifery

• 30-08-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi i'm not sure where to put this so mods feel free to move it!

I would like to become a Midwife and train in Cork. I dont have much of a Leaving Cert although i did do it and pass everything(one higher subject, two ordinary and 2 foundation).

I have no idea where to start in relation to courses. I am 20yo but did my leaving at 17.

If anyone can help or has advice i would be so grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭happyfish

You can do a plc in midwifery/nursing and then go onto a midwifery degree.I know there's one in Cavan Institute and if you ask in the local vec down in Cork they should be able to find you a course nearer to you..! Your leaving cert shouldn't really matter for a PLC as far as I know.:D
    Just so you know though its really hard to get into nuring/midwifery in Ireland with a plc so you should be willing to travel to England and other places,besides cork unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shosh

Hey thanks for the reply!
    Yeah been looking into a plc course but not sure where to go from there!
    Have a 1 year old son too so kinda hard to just up and move but ill get there eventually:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

Can men be midwives?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭happyfish

Shosh wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the reply!
    Yeah been looking into a plc course but not sure where to go from there!
    Have a 1 year old son too so kinda hard to just up and move but ill get there eventually:D

Haha well I'd say the plc would be a good place to start anyway:) My mam teaches on a nursing plc and she says loads of people bring their kids away to college with them but its obviously not an option for everyone!
    Just forgot to mention that theres no fees in England for nursing there's a busary!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Subsxxxx

Check out this group on Facebook. It is a closed group so just ask and you will be added. There is a wealth of information in relation to applying for nursing/midwifery as a mature student.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/177866875598881/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shosh

Subsxxxx wrote: »
    Check out this group on Facebook. It is a closed group so just ask and you will be added. There is a wealth of information in relation to applying for nursing/midwifery as a mature student.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/177866875598881/

Thank you very much for that!:D

Advertisement