Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Gardening Centre

Options
  • 30-08-2011 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the direction of a good gardening centre.

I live in the Cabinteely/Deans Grange are. I am looking to build some veg beds in the back garden but I am hoping to pick someone's brains.
    Does anyone know a good Garden Centre where the staff would be very knowledgeable, especially about veg gardens. Plus being reasonable price wise would be nice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

There are 2 that I know of close to you. One on Johnstown Road behind Hills Hire Centre and one on Rochestown Avenue close enough to the Texaco garage.

Have limited dealing with them but no harm in popping up to talk to them both. Just wanted to let you know of their existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Thanks Rosie. Yea I know of those two, I actually have probably driven past most of the Centres around the area over the years but never gone in. I am hoping someone can recommend one to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I've bought a small bit of stuff from Windyridge, opposite the park on Rochestown ave, mostly for growing Herbs, and found them sound, but I'm not a Gardiner so can't say if they know what they are talking about or not.

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

http://www.scalpwood.com/about-us/

http://www.gardenworld.ie/

Here are 2 that I frequently use and find them very knowledgeable and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Thanks Gridlock, I actually remember Scalpwood now. I remember going there a few years ago and liked it. Will pop into both places and have a look around and chat to someone. Thanks for the tips :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement