Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cottage cheese

Options
  • 30-08-2011 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Anyone know where to find cottage cheese in cork city? Have tried tescos without much luck...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

surely they'd have it in the english market?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Aldi stores have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Which tescos did you try? Because they have it in Tescos wilton, douglas and town normally. Tescos have their own brand in light and full fat as well as other brands. Dunnes and aldi also have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

KF45 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to find cottage cheese in cork city? Have tried tescos without much luck...

Would you be interested in making it yourself? I seen it been made on tv a couple of weeks ago and it's easy peasy.
    Have a look at the link.
    http://www.allotment.org.uk/allotment_foods/cheese-making/making-cottage-curd-cheese.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

They do have it in Tescos usually, also in Aldi as mentioned. More choice in eastern european shops like Lituanica (first road left from Oliver Plunkett street if coming from bus station), but be sure to read the product info first as baltic states cottage cheese might be packed very similarily to their home-style curd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KF45

I tried the tescos in wilton and the dunnes in the city but coudnt find it. I'm looking in the cheese and yogurt aisle and even asked one of the girls there without any luck . I'll try again, thanks for all the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Tesco always seem to be out-of-stock with something or other. I couldn't get potato waffles for six weeks at one stage! :mad: (grievous offence)

Their online store is showing Yoplait Cottage Cheese as being available at the moment (and their online stuff runs out of Wilton so it should be there). Their own-brand is out of stock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

They defiinitely have it in Dunnes Stores Ballyvolane (got it yesterday) so they should have it in the other Dunnes also especially since Ballyvolane is one of their smaller branches.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Is it different from cream cheese like Philidelphia?

Kazbah wrote: »
    Is it different from cream cheese like Philidelphia?

Oh yes, very different, lumpy shtuff ie the curds of whey. I never thought it would be anyway difficult to buy, my local SuperValue has it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement