Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Password Expiry Date?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

So I'm a returning student to UL, expecting to begin 2nd year here.

This evening I open up this e-mail from Administrator@ul.ie :
    Your network password expires in 9 days.

On-Campus Password Reset Instructions:
    Press the Ctrl, Alt and Del(ete) keys together.
    Click the Change Password button.
    Enter your Old and New Passwords.

Off-Campus Password Reset Instructions:

Staff: To reset the password go to the following page on the University website: https://outside.ul.ie/passwordreset/UsernameChangePassword.aspx
    Students: To reset the password go to the following page on the University website: https://outside.ul.ie/passwordreset/StudentChangePassword.aspx
    NOTE: Changing your Outlook Live password does not change your UL Network Student Password.
    Changing your UL Network Student Password will change your Outlook Live Password.

If you are using Microsoft Outlook Web Access to view this message, the hyperlinks above may not work.
    If so, copy and paste the appropriate link, https://outside.ul.ie/passwordreset/UsernameChangePassword.aspx or https://outside.ul.ie/passwordreset/StudentChangePassword.aspx
    into the address field of another browser window and hit Return.

Password Reminder provided by:
    Technology Solutions
    Information Technology Division
    University of Limerick

1. Why am I receiving this e-mail? I was not informed of anything of this nature occuring.

2. Has anyone else received it or is it just me?

Would VERY much appreciate some help here guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

I would imagine it is a yearly option to change passwords.

I received the mail and changed it no problem from home and have had no issues logging into any of the databases since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Its all in the email...
    Burswood wrote: »
    1. Why am I receiving this e-mail? I was not informed of anything of this nature occuring.
    Your network password expires in 9 days.

Burswood wrote: »
    2. Has anyone else received it or is it just me?

Note that the email has instructions for students and staff, implying it was sent to both. I received one too, just like the 10,000 other students ;)

It is just a security thing that I think is a little over the top, you cant even use the same password you used two years previously!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thelittlepea

Hey what do you put as your old password? I tried putting my outlook password in but it says it's incorrect????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Its not your outlook password, its your UL network password.

The one you use to log in at computers and the one you used to check your results. Email is separate

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thelittlepea

Thanks but I just logged into both the student administration portal(where you get the results) and outlook, yet when I try to reset my password it still say old password is incorrect, unless resetting is temporarily unavailable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Thanks but I just logged into both the student administration portal(where you get the results) and outlook, yet when I try to reset my password it still say old password is incorrect, unless resetting is temporarily unavailable?

As said above, it is the password you use to log in to computers. The new password you're setting MUST be different by at least one character to your old password.

Advertisement