Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6950 no AA/other bugs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 blehhhh

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Sorry to be of no help really, I'm always on my mobile and I've had a look at those pics but at this Res I'm not able to make out any tears. If youre unsatisfied, RMA it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Those screenshots look fine to me, what are we supposed to be seeing?

Edit: I asked my friend to take some screenshots and he gets exactly the same weird lines in the level. Must be some sort of driver bug maybe?

• Advertisement

Hi guys, I tested out my replacement 6870 on the exact same motherboard / system

The games do look the same but on the 6950 the aliasing on metal bars seems to kinda flicker more and thus is way more noticeable/annoying

Could this be accounted to the way that the two graphics cards use different chips?

Also is it normal for the system to restart after about 10 minutes game play when forcing 2XAA through the graphics card control center (on my 6950 btw) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Also is it normal for the system to restart after about 10 minutes game play when forcing 2XAA through the graphics card control center (on my 6950 btw) ?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Is this only with the one game?

Monotype wrote: »
    Is this only with the one game?

Yeah I was doing some more testing and it appears that just BF was crashing. I think it may have been because I was using the in game AA as well as forcing 2X AA.

Do you guys think amazon would accept the return? It does run the games however I feel that its not running them properly since it looks a tad bit different /better on my 6870.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

BC2 has never had properly implemented AA - most people I know who play it turn it off and leave it off. Frostbite 1.5 was an incremental engine that probably should never have seen a public release at all. Frostbite 2.0, in comparison, is a much more complete and stable engine with properly implemented post processing. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Frostbite 1 and 1.5 were public BETA tests and Frostbite 2.0 is the finished engine.

Also, quite a few people have issues with BC2 causing system lockups and crashing. One of my clanmates had the issue for months and multiple reinstalls and clean installs of Windows 7 did NOT solve the issue. Recently it randomly started working again for him, but he still gets the odd random crash (he's running a GTX 480 by the way, and other people with the same issue all had completely different systems too).

As far as the issues you're having go - I would do some more testing, but do not force AA or any other setting. For the vast majority of games, forcing post processing through the drivers causes issues.

• Advertisement

kfish2oo2 wrote: »
    BC2 has never had properly implemented AA - most people I know who play it turn it off and leave it off. Frostbite 1.5 was an incremental engine that probably should never have seen a public release at all. Frostbite 2.0, in comparison, is a much more complete and stable engine with properly implemented post processing. In fact, I would go so far as to say that Frostbite 1 and 1.5 were public BETA tests and Frostbite 2.0 is the finished engine.

Also, quite a few people have issues with BC2 causing system lockups and crashing. One of my clanmates had the issue for months and multiple reinstalls and clean installs of Windows 7 did NOT solve the issue. Recently it randomly started working again for him, but he still gets the odd random crash (he's running a GTX 480 by the way, and other people with the same issue all had completely different systems too).

As far as the issues you're having go - I would do some more testing, but do not force AA or any other setting. For the vast majority of games, forcing post processing through the drivers causes issues.

Yeah it appears that bad company 2 is just a badly coded game :p I did get the odd crash on my 6850.

Yeah I am going to send it back to amazon for a replacement. I am using my 6870 now and the jagged edges are still present but they are way, way less noticeable in every 3D application/game. Thats probably why I never noticed them on my 6850.

BTW on a side note I am impressed with the asus 6870 I am using until I get my new 6950 back. Its near silent even when gaming :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

kfish2oo2 wrote: »

That locking up issue was caused the raeltek onboard soundcards, or more so the lack of proper support for onboard audio. The same error happened on medal of honour.

Just to let everybody know that I called amazon up and they said that they are going to send me a new card out today :eek: Really impressed with their customer service :D

I hope I don't have the same problems with the new card though

Advertisement