Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tap water bad for dog?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

kylith wrote: »
    But you do accept that for, say, a family of four using maybe 15L of water a day spending money on water, spending money on petrol to transport the water, and storing 105L of water a week is just unfeasible?

I have to disagree with you there; there is no evidence that people who drink bottled water live longer than those who drink tap water. Many millions of people worldwide drink tap water and live to be well into their 70s or 80s, some even live to over 100; all drinking tap water. As has already been said the fact that the water has been sitting around in bottles for, possibly, months means that levels of bacteria have been found that just aren't present in tap water which is properly flouridated and chlorinated.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100525140954.htm

You kind of do when you say things like "you can't put a price or amount of effort into your/pets health". You are insinuating that by using tap water people are negativly affecting their family's and pets' health.

Plastic bottles are known to leach chemicals into the water. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090521141208.htm
    And reusing bottles of water can lead to dangerous bacterial build up.
    http://health.ninemsn.com.au/whatsgoodforyou/factsheets/694247/are-water-bottles-safe-to-be-reused
    So there you go; if you wash them in hot water they leach cancer causing chemicals, if you rinse them in cold water you don't kill the bacteria that builds up in them.

I really don't care what you drink, tbh, just don't come on here insinuating that we don't care about our health, our family's health, or our pets' health by using tap water when you haven't done your homework on bottled water.

Sorry if you thought what I was speaking about was a rant or insulting. All I can honestly say is it wasn't intended as such. It was merely my opinion. I certainly have done my homework and I'm happy with how I live. I've read enough into it to know how I'm choosing to live. And that is without fluoride.
    The OP asked opinions on tap water, and I gave them. It is a public forum and we are all welcome to our different view points. Its quite clear that I stand incredibly alone with mine. That's fine. I wont argue anyones point or belief in what they do and how they live. And I'd hope that this same courtesy is returned to me as well.

As a side note to those who were suggesting that I use toothpaste containing fluoride - I certainly dont. The health food shop does a fantastic one with no fluoride and it actually cleans and whitens teeth better than any mainstream fluoride toothpastes I used to use. Again - this is just my opinion and my experience. For everyone of you who will knock this - hopefully there's one out there for everyone of you who didn't know that fluoride-free toothpaste exists and might change over. Again, this isn't slating anyone who does or wants to use fluoride toothpaste!

As many of you have gotten a bit ruffled at things I've said on this thread this will be my last post on this thread as I don't want to cause extreme controversy for the OP of the thread. And my appologies extended to the OP as well for the off topic nature this thread took.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Thats fair enough, you live a flouride free existence. I have heard of the flouride free toothpaste alright. Thats your own choice and fair enough if thats what gets you by. I just felt some of your comments about not wanting to take a risk with people and animals lives were a bit much. Bit overly dramatic considering we're only talking about tap water.

Advertisement