Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hens and Houses questions

• 30-08-2011 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I know nothing about hens so any tips are welcome here!

I need to get a coop first and I was looking at this site (I've no connection to it) and narrowed it down to this one or this one (I'm planning on getting 3 hens) Are they what a Hen would like?:o

Any opinions on the house? Or does anyone know of a better place to get one? They're abit expensive.

Is there a particular type of Hen I should be getting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

They look grand they'd need a run too or a fenced in area depending on where your garden is ie if it's near roaming dogs etc. There's a site called Omlet .. they are pricey but the site itself has some helpful info on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 1dub

I also have three hens. I converted a dog kennal I had and they have loads of room. I also build two for friends. The materials cost about depending on what you want and the size. Hens prefer to be off the ground so keep that in mind. I like building things so If you bought the materials I would build one for you at a small fee?

Advertisement