Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballistic scope

Options
  • 30-08-2011 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi everyone just wanted to know does anyoe have or used a ballistic scope like the ones that the elevation turret is calibrated to your specific ammo and any calibre that you use and also if they are good and can ye recommend a good make scope that has them that wont break the bank.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

take a look
    I have a leupold markAR that I used on my old 223 and it was compensated for 55gn bullets and worked a treat

see here

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Mauser 308

niteowl84 wrote: »
    Hi everyone just wanted to know does anyoe have or used a ballistic scope like the ones that the elevation turret is calibrated to your specific ammo and any calibre that you use and also if they are good and can ye recommend a good make scope that has them that wont break the bank.

Thanks!!
    Whats your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭DR6.5

I use a Swarovski 4-16/50 with a TDS4 reticle on my 25.06, have it lined in at two hundred metres on the main crosshair and the line below is bang on at 300mtrs with 85 grain btips.

http://www.furorsniper.cz/data/download/TDS.pdf

http://www.swarovskioptik.com/en/products/ballistic-programs

All you do is put in the round you are using and it will tell you the different ranges that the scope will be zeroed for.

Would recomend the tds reticles in any of the swarovski scopes

dr6.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

I've a Swarovski 4-12 x 50 with a plex reticle and a ballistic turret,you just adjust the turret and aim dead centre,i like it alot,no dots and bars to think about.

Advertisement