Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving college for a year to do repeats in DIT?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 4:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I've just finished 2nd year in DIT.

I have 4 repeats and I know I'm going to fail them..

If I take this year out to do them, when I return to 3rd year will my grant/fees be affected?

I'm currently on full maintenance grant & fees paid.

Seriously freaking out, help is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ron 1990

Nope your grand once you go back for 3rd year you will receive your grant again. Although you may have the hassle of filling out the forms again they can be a pain with the amount of info you have to give wit earnings savings etc.

You are only entitled to a grant for each year once if you get me like you cant get it for repeating the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dasfgfhrtjfyk

Thanks a million, yay! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

What would happen if you just didn't turn up to a repeat exam ? is it a case of you'll just have to repeat it again or would you be in trouble for not turning up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

CO19 wrote: »
    What would happen if you just didn't turn up to a repeat exam ? is it a case of you'll just have to repeat it again or would you be in trouble for not turning up ?

I wondered the exact same.. There's one or two that there's not much point going to!! I still go, not worth the risk of getting a load of hassle of I don't go..

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

I wonder is there anyone here that actually knows what the story on this is,I can't see it being treated any different to just failing it cause either way you will just have to repeat it so if you don't turn up it's like failing it I'd say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement