Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping my stuff from Galway/Shannon to San Francisco

Options
  • 30-08-2011 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I came to the US a few months back looking for work with only one bag. I got lucky, landed a job and now I've been made permanent, including a H1B :)

Now that I have a few bob (it was bleak for while), I'm returning home to visit my parents. I'd love to send over some of my stuff to San Francisco but I've no clue how to go about shipping it. It'll only amount to a few boxes of books, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

A lot will depend on the amount and volume you have. If you have a lot of things of bulky items you want to bring, shipping them (ie renting part of a container on a cargo ship) may be worth while. We did this for our paintings, most of our clothes, books, cutlery etc= no majpor furniture- and it cost 1000 euro.

If it's just books, check out An Post's special book postal rate: http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/Sending+Books+Abroad.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 45 seanieb

Thanks Silja. I've a bout four large boxes, only one of the boxes will contain books.

Advertisement