Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cable in attic space

• 30-08-2011 9:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

I want to install a new TV on the wall in our bedroom and Im running 2.5T&E across the attic space and then running the cable behind the plasterboard so nothing but the TV is visable, my question is do I need to conduit the cable going across the attic or simply tack it to the joists or simply just leave it ontop of the insulation?. The total length of the run of cable across the attic would be about 15ft.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Suppose it really depends on whether you want to use that area of the attic for storage etc. If you aren't going to be up there much, just run it from one side to the other unclipped. That's the way mine is at the moment and no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

Job done.....I just ran the wire from point A to point B. :D

Advertisement