Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Illustrator printing help...

Options
  • 30-08-2011 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,

I have designed a one page flyer on Adobe Illustrator and saved as a pdf. However, when it is opened up on a different computer one of the background layers has disappeared.

Is there anything I should do before I save as a pdf to stop this from happening? Im new to Adobe Illustrator so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Carol555

I had some problems with exporting to pdf before so first check if the file is saved correctly. If it is, then compare the versions of Adobe Acrobat (or any other application that you used to open the pdf file) on both machines. If it's too much hassle or installing same versions on both PCs won't work, I'd merge or flatten the background (depending what quality print you need) and only leave the text as a vector. Hope it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bobbuk

try saving the file as print quality 2001 (this is not the correct name but i think its close) or highest print quality.
    Or just flatten the file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 verticalbones

Does it print correctly?

I'm on a MAC and choose Print, select Printer... option, and in the next dialog box, there is an option at bottom left to Save As PDF. (I can't vouch for the PC version.)

I often use the Save as PDF option in the print dialog box and get solid results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 redlemon.ie

Hi

Have you tried exporting as EPS?

EDIT: Cutting out fake signiature.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LJL

Thanks for all the replies guys. I tried to flatten the file but for some reason it wouldnt flatten. When I saved it, I saved it as press quality and I also clicked on Embed page thumbnails. I have no idea what this meant but it seems to have worked.
    I usually dont have trouble saving files, it was just this one in particular.

does flattening an image make it uneditable for anyone opening it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 bobbuk

Yeah it does indeed.

Advertisement