Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New student induction 2011

Options
  • 30-08-2011 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all
    At the moment I have full time work (morning and/or evening hours monday-friday) and I just wonder if someone could tell me a bit more about the induction week in DKIT. I know that it starts on Monday the 12th but how about the hours? I believe there will be something everyday?
    Any information will be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I think the induction week is new this year, normally firsts years first week is normal class hours but mostly lecturers just introducing themselves although some lecturers get stuck straight it.

I'd imagine induction week is much the same this year except that only first years will be in the college and extra support will be provided for showing first years around and how to find classes etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭isabell

Thanks draffodx :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 DkIT_Computing

I'm not sure what course you're in, Isabell, but the week's timetable will definitely depend on that as it's all being done at a departmental level (some general items, such as learning about the campus, the library etc have been organised on a college-wide level, but it's mostly departmental).

Computing students will be having their first lecture in each first semester subject during that week, as well as the standard introduction to the college, breaking into groups, learning about the course etc. Ours is due to run from morning until evening with a full timetable (at least until 4pm a lot of the time), and there's content on every day. Of course, this is subject to change and is just a guideline, so don't take it as gospel just yet. You'll get a full induction week timetable closer to the week itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭isabell

Thanks a lot about this information. My course is business with information systems and at least I have now some idea about how the induction week looks like :rolleyes:

Advertisement