Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB student credit card charges while abroad query

Options
  • 30-08-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi everyone,

I just have a quick question regarding the fees for cash advances when abroad (not in the eurozone, will be in S.E Asia, NZ and Oz). What I was planning to do was transfer cash on to my credit card and use that to take money out of ATMs while in all these countries. I will not be digging in to the actual limit at all, it will be all of my own money I will be withdrawing.

My question is regarding the currency conversion charges/cash advance fees. Has anyone done this and have they been charged for it? The bank said I wouldn't be charged when I rang them but on the website it says there is a currency conversion fee but it isn't very clear whether it charges when you are using your own money or if it's just when you are using the banks money.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Hard to know
    I'd email them and get their answer in writing from them and then you know and you have something to show them if they charge you differently....

OS

Advertisement