Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduation

Options
  • 30-08-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Just wondering what to wear to graduation? Husband completed his studies as a mature student? Don't wanna look like an idiot :o

Also where do we get the graduation hood thingy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

When is your husbands graduation? Same week as mine? The 10th/11th of november? or in around those dates..

Everyone does dress up for graduations. Students usually opt for suits or dresses, parents or spouses of the graduate usually dress the same, men usually wear smart trousers and a shirt and the women opt for a dressy suit or dress also, but being professional and smart about it at the same time.

Usually 2weeks before the graduation ceremony, you get a letter in the post informing the graduate to log onto a website to book their robe for the ceremony, we don't get to wear hats unfortunately (well, not for my degree anyways) but they do give you a hat for the purpose of a professional photograph if you choose to get one done!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭fiona12

When is your husbands graduation? Same week as mine? The 10th/11th of november? or in around those dates..

Hi Ciara,

Yes it's the same week as you, thank you so much for all your advice, it's a great help. Now I'm off to find a dress...:D

Ta

fiona12 wrote: »
    Now I'm off to find a dress...

Best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bobsyouraunty

Anybody receive any info with regard the details of the conferring ceremony yet?

Nothing in the post no, but I rang them to find out when mine was. I know when other streams are too. What course are you in and I might know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

fiona12 wrote: »
    Just wondering what to wear to graduation? Husband completed his studies as a mature student? Don't wanna look like an idiot :o

Also where do we get the graduation hood thingy?

You may not realize that graduates (as well as their family) aren't obliged to attend the conferring ceremony's. I skipped my one in Galway because they were looking for 50 EUR to rent a robe for something that would normally take 30 seconds. For me and my family, it was also too much hassle and hullabaloo. The college simply posts you your parchment if you decide to skip the ceremony.

Advertisement