Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vuelta - Stage 15 - Angliru (not live on TV) !!

• 30-08-2011 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

Spotted this on another forum, and Stage 15 next Sunday (Angliru climb) will not be shown 'live' on TV, ie. Brittish Eurosport don't have it on channel 1 or 2, and ITV4 have an agreement to show Touring Cars :eek::mad:
    I can't see the listings for ES HD and that seems the only hope left at this stage (apart from dodgy internet streams) !!
    For as much as I love ES, especially as they show alot of cycling, and in HD, things like this really screw it up, it's bizare :confused:, can we get Sean Kelly on the case :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

pretty cr*p really
    *La Vuelta coverage will be exclusively live on ITV.com on Sunday 4 September with extended highlights shown on ITV4 in the evening. This is due to a pre-existing commitment to British Touring Cars Championship coverage.

streamed live on website (but i guess that wont be available on an irish internet connection )

cyclingfans then for me

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

I can't see the listings for ES HD and that seems the only hope left at this stage (apart from dodgy internet streams) !!

Checked the Eurosport HD schedule and they're not showing it either :(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Remember this is Eurosport we are talking about - schedules are pretty meaningless;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

A little harsh on Eurosport, Beasty!! ;-)

But much more importantly- who watches sport on tv anymore...???

Cyclingfans, Justin.tv etc.... Much cheaper and less commentary too!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

cipo wrote: »
    I've seen the frustration vented in the forum when posters tune in to watch something advertised as cycling only to find the tennis has overrun, or they're showing some football match from the other side of the world - it happens quite a lot with Eurosport, and it's not just cycling that's affected. Their advertised schedules can be way off what they actually show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

cipo wrote: »

But much more importantly- who watches sport on tv anymore...???

Cyclingfans, Justin.tv etc.... Much cheaper and less commentary too!!

Personally I do as

a) My tv is significantly bigger than my laptop

b) No problems with slow links or them crashing at the end

c) In a lot of cases i find the build up, analysis before and after as interesting as the event itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

:( Stage 15 tomorrow is exclusively live on Itv.com and will not be on Eurosport, really looking forward to the stage but pretty sure itv.com is geo restricted so its german eurosport for me.
    Dissapointing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Awful! Can't find it at all the ITV player schedule. (there are relatively easy ways around geo restriction) There are hi-lights on for an hour from 7-8 on ITV 4 and on Eurosport from 7.45-8.45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i watch all my stages online at sports-livez, channel 6.

I think that sean kelly & the english lad (carlton?) do their commentary regardless of whether it goes out in the uk (european feed), so im hoping that will still be going tmoro.

and sure enough, its listed:
    http://sports-livez.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

/more ranting :pac:
    I'm in work today so I haven't a hope of seeing it live, all links to 'live streams' just don't function(during my breaks!!), it just doesn't make sense that the Queen stage of the Vuelta isn't been shown 'live', and with only an hour's highlights it really dumbs down the stage, even the highlights aren't in HD, I just can't get my head around Eurosport and their thinking on this one grrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad:
    /end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

It is live on Tv in Spain. :pac:

I've been watching on itv and eurosport HD channels but the footage isn't HD, its pretty ropey in fact.

As for the comment 'who watches sport on tv anymore?'

Eh, you what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

It says 1630 74mins live on eurosport 1 on their TV schedule???
    http://tv.eurosport.com/tvschedule.shtml
    I'll believe it when I see it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Idleater wrote: »
    It says 1630 74mins live on eurosport 1 on their TV schedule???
    http://tv.eurosport.com/tvschedule.shtml
    I'll believe it when I see it :)

^^ That's NOT Brittish Eurosport tho ! Is European ES on a different satellite, ie. would you have to point your dish in a different direction ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Thankfully we'll be able to nab a stream from cyclingfans, not quite sure how British Eurosport can conspire to not show the most epic stage of the Vuelta on the box, especially with 2 Brits at the top of the GC!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Inquitus wrote: »
    Thankfully we'll be able to nab a stream from cyclingfans, not quite sure how British Eurosport can conspire to not show the most epic stage of the Vuelta on the box, especially with 2 Brits at the top of the GC!

I think THAT more than anything proves just how low down the pecking order cycling is in the British consciousness. Two English guys battling each other to be the first British grand tour winner and ITV are showing British Touring car championship. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Tonio

You would think they could use itv2 or itv3 for either cycling or the touring cars instead of the junk they usually show on those channels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

www.sportlemon.tv

Spanish commentary

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭gaybeer

Anybody have a link with English commentary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

This might come as big shock but BTCC might actually be more popular in the UK than the Vuelta...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Listening to Spanish commentary. Everything sounds like a sprint finish, pelaton crash and Hors Category climb, all rolled into one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

gaybeer wrote: »
    Anybody have a link with English commentary?

http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-7.php

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭icom

I've just moved a post that fell foul of the spoiler rules to today's specific stage thread

To avoid the risk of further posts referring to today's stage I'm closing this thread

Thanks

Beasty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement