Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Car insurance too good to be true?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi folks.
    Been ringing around the car insurance providers this morning and Tesco are quoting me 150 less than everybody else for fully comp. ( 257e on a 6yr Yaris) They have 3 grades of insurance and I've gone for their "value" grade. It just seems a little too good. Anyone have any dealings with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

You get what you pay for... No windscreen cover, No bonus protection, Higher excess, No driving of other cars to name but a few....

I got a quote for €266 Value
    €409 for standard, which is more expensive than I am currently paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Any insurance policy that has the words value,saver etc in them should be avoided as its clearly a crap policy.You might save a few bucks now but in the event of a claim you will likely get the shaft.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

It comes down to what you want from your policy. For me, I hardly ever use my car, my job doesn't rely on it, so I opted out of most of the extras and went for the value policy. The difference in the excess can be close to the premium paid on other policies so it doesn't bother me. However, what the service will be like in the event of a claim is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ismhunter

I went for it in the end.

I got 257 FC
    I did get breakdown assistance, DOC but only 3rd party and only for me not for the named driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

for the record you don't get driving other cars for the named driver on ANY policy. And only one company gives anything beyond third party only.

• Advertisement
Advertisement