Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunken tournaments in the Thomas House Saturday September 10th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can I make a suggestion? I said something similar on your FB page.

I ran a couple of nights for boards where I defaulted to a DJ (simply because my mac was hooked up to the sound system to record) and it became a bit of a tradition for me to play the nerdier things in my iTunes folder. by the third year people were coming simply to hear the type of stuff you'd literally hear nowhere else when out.

I don't think it'd be a good idea to do it all night, but I think slipping the odd Street Fighter/ final fantasy victory fanfare/ wrestling theme etc might be a v good idea.

Also, marvel 3 would be v good as it's so visually appealing even if you don't know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Yeah Carpo Marvel vs Capcom 3 is mental and brings hype everytime.

Even if u dont have a clue whats going on it's fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

YOU SIR ARE A GOD AMONG MEN. A gaming bar in Dublin. Never did I think I would see the day.

Seconded, been bitching that there is no such place in this country for years. Theres a seriously untapped market there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

This is on saturday lads.

I'm definitely going to go anyway. Who's still up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

May well pop in to this.Sounds like a winning setup.
    A few months ago i was toying with renting arcade machines to pubs and did a good bit of research with various publicans
    It's a win win situation for pubs and punters alike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

May well pop in to this.Sounds like a winning setup.
    A few months ago i was toying with renting arcade machines to pubs and did a good bit of research with various publicans
    It's a win win situation for pubs and punters alike

Looking for excuses to buy more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

:D
    Yeah,and if they made you money..all the better.
    It's just Beer+drunks+cabinets = trouble.
    Plexi under control panel with small holes for wires only is the answer.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdBqS3WBhtd4kAaooUbbKQ2deF-9vsOhsiu8b6m5Ge7SAB_QJ6

Bannantyne your money is as good as mine

Lads we should totally do this before the Street Fighter tournament.

I'm in work so I can't check but is there a time frame for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Orim wrote: »
    I'm in work so I can't check but is there a time frame for this?
    Tomorrow at 10:30pm - Sunday at 2:30am

I wouldn't object to heading in earlier if there'll be decent attendance from the scene.

• Advertisement

I'll be there dave, I count for 3 people on my own.

I would like to point out that I could access it but getting round the proxy is too much of a pain. Otherwise thanks.

I probably won't be in earlier. Have to try and make it somewhere else first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll be there dave, I count for 3 people on my own.

Whut time? (I'll have your stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I'll be there, anyone want to meet up in town as i have no idea where teh eff this place is.

I can be in town about 8.30-9. Wanna meet at XGC? It's a little bit of a walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Anyone want to random select money match?? xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

So, is this still gonna be just MK, SF and WWE tonight? No chance of MvC3?

I should be there about 9 for those asking.

Voa bring a copy of mvc3, we'll try to convince them- Doyler knows one of the guys running it it turns out :D

DOOM IS DRUNKEN SF KING.

And now he must sleeeeeeep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

1254444571m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I take it dreddy won WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wtfbenson

Xinkai wrote: »
    I take it dreddy won WWE.

It was epic. It was the equivalent of turtling in wrassling. The Iron Sheik would be proud of how much of a heel he was with that win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Was nice to meet some of you guys! Hope you had a good time.

Was nice to meet some of you guys! Hope you had a good time.

Had a great night, music and games were good, was hugely disappointed with the lack of Guile theme though! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It was great craic.

Vanilla SF IV is so amazing.

Pity the arcade cab has broken parts. If both sticks and all the buttons worked okay, we'd have been on it all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Get Kiki in to sort the Cab out. Stick some ST and 3s on it or whatever.

Great time anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Can't believe I forgot about this, for some reason I thought it was this up coming weekend. Bollocks.

What was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sisko wrote: »
    Can't believe I forgot about this, for some reason I thought it was this up coming weekend. Bollocks.

What was it like?

RandomSelect has you covered! :pac:

http://randomselect.ie/index.php/2011/09/13/september-10th-write-up-thomas-house-pub-fighting-game-night/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Hey im the owner of the Thomas House pub. Just to clarify that the arcade machine isnt actually broken. Its an original arcade machine with a 150+ in one Neo Geo board. Neo Geo boards only support 4 buttons on all games, but the cab is a six button.
    We are expanding our arcade cab range in the coming months and hope to get a dedicated SF3 machine installed at somestage.
    For the moment the Neo Geo machine is 100% working, but as said, Neo Geo format only supports 4 buttons. Set to light punch/kick and heavy punch/kick. Medium wasnt supported by the NG format!
    For those of you coming to the pub. Hold down the player one button and the first red button on player one side to enter the main menu. There you find every KOF and Samurai Showdown games amongst 150 other games like Metal Slug etc. Thanks!!

• Advertisement

Dude, no offence, but we know our fighting game hardware, the happ stick on the left is definitely broken, not the buttons, down and to the left is not actuating. You should really get someone to take a look at it as I know I would have spent a rake of money on it myself except for I physically couldn't play on it. Also, I am pretty sure it's not an original Neo Geo Board, in case someone sold it to you saying that- and we are well aware as to the button layout on SNK fighting games ;P

Advertisement