Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Painting

• 30-08-2011 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello all,

I have just powere washed my house and now need to paint it. I know i prob shhould have done it earlier in th e summer but I just didint get a cahnce. What kind of weather is suitable, Obviously not when its raining and wet but does cold/heat have any effects on the finish? Also im going to do the window cill, some of the paint came off right down to the cill, I sthere a primer or sealent to use on this? Also have any of ye any tips for starting on the house. Its a 2 story house.

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Don't think you have to worry about it being too hot to paint now - Its nearly September and Ireland :) - best advice is to keep an eye on the weather forecast and pick a day with no showers forecast and not too windy. Make sure that walls have dried out from powerwashing too..

In relation to the Windowsills if the paint is flaking off back to the bare concrete it sounds as if they were never sealed/primed in the first place. For the best finish and a job that will last scrape off all the old paint and then wirebrush down the sills. Either use a concrete sealer or Owatrol E-B (you mix this with the paint and does a great job).

As with all painting jobs preparation is the key.

Advertisement