Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Right so I want to get a gaming PC solely for the upcoming Star Wars: The Old Republic release. I have been doing some research and almost everybody seems to go for the Build-your-own tactic, but seeing as I have just taken up some other projects (bought a piano and am teaching myself and doing some DIY work on my guitar) I don't really have the time or patience for building my own PC. So I just want a budget-ish gaming PC that will run the aforementioned game perfectly. So I need the input of people that know more about PC specs then I do and can track one down. Thanks in advance for replies. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

If you're in Dublin I'd be happy to build one for you. If not there are a few people around the country willing to help out with building.

It would help if you gave a rough budget. Also do you need Windows, a monitor, mouse, keyboard etc.

Here's a build for just the tower that should run the game pretty close to max settings at 1080p

Total build cost: €510.66 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i5-2400 Box, LGA1155 €151.12
    Xigmatek Asgard, ATX, ohne Netzteil, schwarz €31.61
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9 €31.61
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ) €44.35
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA €16.58
    MSI H61M-E33 (B3), Intel H61, mATX, DDR3 €53.03
    ASUS EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5, AMD Radeon HD 6870, 1GB, PCI- Express €141.35
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W €41.01

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Cheers for the response but I'm based in Cavan and would rather just buy one built already. I just need the tower itself as I have a keyboard and mouse and I use my TV as a monitor on my ****ty old pc. In terms of Budget I just wanna pay whatever amount necessary to run this game on medium/max settings without lag.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

422nd wrote: »
    Cheers for the response but I'm based in Cavan and would rather just buy one built already. I just need the tower itself as I have a keyboard and mouse and I use my TV as a monitor on my ****ty old pc. In terms of Budget I just wanna pay whatever amount necessary to run this game on medium/max settings without lag.

What resolution monitor do you have? I'm pretty sure that build above should do you fine. Add this to the cart and they'll put the computer together for you for €20:

http://www3.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=746&agid=829

Do you need a copy of windows as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

hey all. I am in a similar situation. my own desktop packed in a while ago and i'm thinking of buying a new one solely for playing games on. I have about 40 games and haven't bought a game since 2006(ish) (SW: knights of the old republic) & I don't see myself buying more so i'm not looking for anything of very high quality, basically something that can play GTA3 and Sonic Heroes level games without lag and preferably as cheap as reasonably possible. any idea what kind of specs i'm looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SuperGlen27

Can anyone update their recomendation for 2012? Never built a pc, itll be hooked up to my tv, need windows, I have mouse and keyboard and wouldnt be willing to go too far over 500. Medium settings will suffice. I will be looking to play TF2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Advertisement