Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Saved text messages to a new phone?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,325 ✭✭✭✭

I've a few saved text messages that I need to keep for a few months, I'm hoping to move them to another phone, is this possible.

Phone with the messages is a Nokia 7373 and the phone I'm going to save them on is Nokia 6303. Both have Bluetooth if that's any use.

Any help or hints much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

If you already have both phones configured to work with the Nokia PC Suite, then one way i THINK, MIGHT work, is to sync the 7373 first, that'll save the messages onto your computer.

then, sync the 6303, and copy the messages already on the computer using Ctrl+A to highlight them all, and move them to the inbox folder of the 6303.

of course the old way i used do this (slow and painful), was to use my wife's meteor sim card (free text messges) in the phone i wanted to transfer the messages from, and literally send the messages one by one to my new phone that had MY meteor sim card in it, also worked for pictures i had stored on the phone. this was in the days before bluetooth and memory cards.

incidentally, you might want to check in the message settings are the messages stored on the memory card or are they stored in phone memory, this is an option that's available on newer nokias but off the top of my head i cant remember was it an option on the 7373...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,325 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks for your reply but I think I'm still goosed :(
    xsiborg wrote: »
    If you already have both phones configured to work with the Nokia PC Suite, then one way i THINK, MIGHT work, is to sync the 7373 first, that'll save the messages onto your computer.

then, sync the 6303, and copy the messages already on the computer using Ctrl+A to highlight them all, and move them to the inbox folder of the 6303.

I cant find the phone/PC cable, that's if I ever had one for it :(
    Not sure what syncing to the Nokia PC Suite is for that matter :o
    of course the old way i used do this (slow and painful), was to use my wife's meteor sim card (free text messges) in the phone i wanted to transfer the messages from, and literally send the messages one by one to my new phone that had MY meteor sim card in it, also worked for pictures i had stored on the phone. this was in the days before bluetooth and memory cards.

I thought of that but I lose the senders details as I'm now the sender with a new message date
    incidentally, you might want to check in the message settings are the messages stored on the memory card or are they stored in phone memory, this is an option that's available on newer nokias but off the top of my head i cant remember was it an option on the 7373

SIM and Memory removed and saved messages still on old phone so I guess they're on the phone memorary.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You need to get a cable somewhere or connect via bluetooth to the computer and then do a complete backup with the 7xx to Nokia PC suite, you can get it here, http://i.ovi.com/m/ovi/suite/index_en_uk.html?lang=en&country=GB&intc=ovicom-fw-ilc-ftr-acq-na-ovicom-g0-19-tout1

When you've that done connect the new phone to pc suite and do a restore from the information you backed up on the old phone.

Advertisement