Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking overnight in Maynooth Train Station

Options
  • 30-08-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Is it safe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I wouldn't personally. I don't think overnight parking is allowed in the front car park - don't know about the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i have seen cars parked at nite at the front. i had parked once and it was untouched. may be i was lucky. not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

make sure u have a parking ticket or they'll clamp you!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I've seen cars do it, make sure you have a ticket. There's a massive car park up by Tesco that might be safer for overnight parking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh, tesco carp park, technically you probably have to be a customer to park there for free but the car park is so huge I couldn't ever see someone clamping you. Plus tesco is 24 hours so there's always people around. They clamp fairly regularly at Maynooth so make sure you have a ticket like others said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Parking overnight is allowed once you've a ticket. Park near the station building itself and definitely NOT towards the back if you're going to do it.

Done it a few times, not had a problem to date.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would park in one of the nearby housing estates instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would park in one of the nearby housing estates instead.

Oh no you didn't!

We've enough parking problems in our estate without that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Thanks for the replies folks. If my night in Dublin goes ahead as planned I'll take my chances and pay the ticket.

Advertisement