Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September at last!

• 30-08-2011 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Back to school! Free time at last - I get my me time back! God bless the govt.
    We need to shorten those summer holidays. The kids are bored. My missus had to take time off work to mind the kids, and I wasted a week of my holidays to look after them.
    I am keeping a week for sept a week that \I can enjoy! For me!
    Teachers do not know how cushtie they have it - and I think they should work for at least some of the summer - they could run camps in the schools and give parents help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jcello

I wish that were true!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

AMEN to that OP !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Back to school! Free time at last - I get my me time back! God bless the govt.
    We need to shorten those summer holidays. The kids are bored. My missus had to take time off work to mind the kids, and I wasted a week of my holidays to look after them.
    I am keeping a week for sept a week that \I can enjoy! For me!
    Teachers do not know how cushtie they have it - and I think they should work for at least some of the summer - they could run camps in the schools and give parents help!

I've heard some parents actually like spending time with their kids instead of working all the time.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I'm sorry your children are such a burden that you had to waste time looking after them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Those pesky teachers! :rolleyes:

They should be in the school all summer, painting and washing, and gardening. And childminding. Maybe they could offer to do some work in parents' homes as well - have some quality time with their children in their place. Maybe a bit of reading, some sports, a daytrip here and there. Would save parents having to 'waste' their holidays minding them.

:pac:

Teachers work to TEACH children, not to 'give parents some help', and most certainly not to provide free childcare.

The vast majority of teachers will have spent the last two weeks or more getting schemes and resources ready for when children come back. And with the way things are, thousands will have spent the summer on the dole, sending out hundreds of CV in the hope of getting a week's work here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Troll thread is locked. Dambarude gave the only response worth giving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement