Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

out of pocket

Options
  • 30-08-2011 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

3 months ago i was looking for a car part so i browsed through the internet and found a number of a guy in Dublin on a website (not sure if i can say the name?) he was brilliant help and sourced my part for me. I was given the option to pay through paypal or the bank and for some dumb reason i chose the bank :( basically 7 weeks later I havent received my part and he wont answer my calls..
    any help highly appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I assume it was a Buy and Sell / Gumtree type web site. If it was an individual and not a registered company you dealt with then it sounds like you have been done. Report it to the Gardai but there's nothing much really they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

Gumtree.. No he worked as a freelancer for a company but has now left them but I have tracked him down to somewhere else and he is still advertising parts for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ENMcD wrote: »
    Gumtree.. No he worked as a freelancer for a company

Was this purchase made under the guise of that company then, or a personal sale between you? If it was from the company, then your claim is still with that company. If not, then the company is irrelevant, and you made a private purchase with cash. The only recourse then would be to get a solicitor and sue him in court.

Advertisement