Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new short film - CSI: Dublin (canon 550d)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Hi Andy,

I think it's very good. I'm glad to see someone doing it for the love of making film. Well done, that's better than some of the stuff I see on TV3.

Well done, keep it up. BTW what's your kit for camera and sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

Bodhan wrote: »
    Hi Andy,

I think it's very good. I'm glad to see someone doing it for the love of making film. Well done, that's better than some of the stuff I see on TV3.

Well done, keep it up. BTW what's your kit for camera and sound?

Haha thanks a million ! Seriously thanks.

I don't think it will be showing at Cannes any day soon but I would love to be there maybe one day haha.

I use my Canon EOS 550D with the kit lens (15mm-55mm)

Then for sound I use a Zoom H2 separate from the camera. But it is a very make shift "on location" sound source. As i do not own a boom pole or shock absorber or anything, so i am heavily relying on someone with a steady hand for moving scenes. haha

That was the first time i had used the Zoom during a short film actually, otherwise i have just used it for music recording and voiceovers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

The sound is good for a H2, I was thinking of getting one of the Zoom H1 because I don't need the best sound but I do need some wind break.

Make a boom pole from an old brush handle and some cable ties, that's what we all do :)

Keep at it, you might just get your name in lights yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭andyterryjay

Bodhan wrote: »
    The sound is good for a H2, I was thinking of getting one of the Zoom H1 because I don't need the best sound but I do need some wind break.

Make a boom pole from an old brush handle and some cable ties, that's what we all do :)

Keep at it, you might just get your name in lights yet.

haha thanks man :) seriously! This film along with a few others are heading into youth festivals soon. I placed Top 20 in the Fresh Film Festival final last march.

I'll give that trick a go with the broom. But the H2 is really sensitive to any knocks or movement. Yeah get the H1 :) or get two haha, all the zooms are just great recorders.

And yeah wind is a killer, i found with a little seinnheisser shotgun i was using for a bit, the zoom is surprisingly good on location, and is also great because you can adjust all the audio levels.

Advertisement