Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea Forest 10k 15/10/11

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    I'm preparing for my presidential run.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Results are up

Can't create the link for some reason. Go to www.chipit.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

4 stars (good)
    A really excellent race; it's an enjoyable route on a nice mix of road and forest path.

I don't think its a particularly fast 10k (even though first and second ran 30:57 / 31:00) as there are a fair few twists and turns but the ground was good underfoot. The 8th k was a toughie.

I spent the race trying to stay ahead of Pauline Curley while chasing after Clum and but i don't think i was going to ever get that near to him. It's not a cheap race but every detail is looked after, and it shows in things like the wristbands for sub40 runners and the split timer on 5k. They know how to put on a race that meets the needs of both fun runners and the speedsters (as well as those of us who are in between)

I much prefer cotton t-shirts at races; i have enough polyester in my wardrobe to last me an age.

edit: sorry i take that back - I just noticed my brother ran sub 45 - it must be a very quick course with long sections of downhill and a favourable tail wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

3 stars (average)
    I agree with all of the above - a very well organised race. The wooden medal was a nice touch as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

asimonov wrote: »
    A really excellent race; it's an enjoyable route on a nice mix of road and forest path.

I don't think its a particularly fast 10k (even though first and second ran 30:57 / 31:00) as there are a fair few twists and turns but the ground was good underfoot. The 8th k was a toughie.

My nephew won it & he said it wasn't a fast 10k. The last 10k he did in 30:25 & has run a sub 30 this year. What slowed him down was the 2nd lap of the forest he had to pass out a lot of the joggers which was difficult at times. Also said it was a bit slippy in the forest but apart from that he really enjoyed it.
    I was supposed to be running today but couldn't take part because I picked up a thigh injury earlier in the week. Gutted to be honest because I was training hard for a sub 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

asimonov wrote: »
    I spent the race trying to stay ahead of Pauline Curley while chasing after Clum and but i don't think i was going to ever get that near to him.

You almost had me around 8k, I really felt that section in the legs.

Great race, very well organised. Feelin the pain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

3 stars (average)
    My Garmin said it was 9.91k. The 100 metres went missing between the 4th and 5th kilometre mark. Did anyone else get the same or was it just interference from the trees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

4 stars (good)
    What a great event for organization, value for money and really looking after the runners. Best organized 10K I have ever taken part in and would come back again.

Found the course challenging especially coming off the road onto the trails which were quite undulating but enjoyable. Most people seem to have measured the course short but I have no issue with this. My garmin measured 9.78km but I presume the trees played a part here as was spot on until we reached the wooded parts of the course.

Hope to be back next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

My Garmin said it was 9.91k. The 100 metres went missing between the 4th and 5th kilometre mark. Did anyone else get the same or was it just interference from the trees?

Definitely interference from the trees as if it was ultraman that measured it you can be guaranteed it was bang on. I run alot through marlay and the trees do play havoc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Woddle wrote: »
    Definitely interference from the trees as if it was ultraman that measured it you can be guaranteed it was bang on. I run alot through marlay and the trees do play havoc
    it was also initially measured by T## M########,who is the one of the top course measurers in the country,i re measured it every year since as there have been road works and ground works both inside and outside the park that have covered KM markings,T##(not me) has given the measurement certificate.The start line and finish line have not been changed so the distance is exactly as he measured it(10km) and exactly 10km as i have subsequently found it.
    anto

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

3 stars (average)
    Thought this was a great race.

Everything well organised and the apple pie and chocolate milk was great:D

Havent had chocolate milk since i was a kid, addicted to it again now:D

Good bag was great especially the jellies on sat night!!

Only small gripe i would have with the race and this is probably not avoidable is that we had to walk on the course on the way back to the gaa club, even though we kept well in, some racers could of got effected by it.

But a great race, for 30 euro i think its value for money compare to what other races charged.

I would rate this up there with the Dunboyne 4 miler and the k-club 10k.

Be back next year for sure.

Well done

Advertisement