Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Trainee Accountant (Aptitude Test)

Options
  • 30-08-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi Everyone.

I will be graduating in 2012.

I would like to apply jobs with accountancy companies.

I learned most of the companies will ask the candidates to complete an Aptitude Test. (Shl style question)

Can anyone give me some suggestions, what books could help me with this.

Thanks a lot!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have noticed that you certainly are keen , couple of questions if i may ?
    Why didn't you apply for the milk rounds last year ?
    Are you doing a post grad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 minagile

I didn't apply for milk around last year that's because I am only graduate in 2012.

I am doing my undergraduate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

sorry you said you were a recent graduate.

I will be doing my 4th year on September. So I thought this is rencent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Little Pea wrote: »
    sorry you said you were a recent graduate.
    Their english is clearly poor, possibly not their first language.

minagile, I dont know if you can prepare for an aptitude test. Skills you will be tested on will be speed of assimilation, decision making, and situation analysis. For the latter, practice some SWOT questions.

• Advertisement

Their english is clearly poor, possibly not their first language.

minagile, I dont know if you can prepare for an aptitude test. Skills you will be tested on will be speed of assimilation, decision making, and situation analysis. For the latter, practice some SWOT questions.

Thank you, I am very worried about my aptitude test. I will order some books to practice on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

no need to order books. Lets learn some life skills here!

You want to practice SWOT questions.
    1. Lets get some other feedback, maybe this is bad advice. dont rush off any buy lots of books for something that will be 5 mins of an interview. Its a very easy skill at that.
    2. Do you need to buy lots of books? No! Internet should provide you with plenty or practice Qs, or failing that your college library.

Practice your english, and think a little clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

Hi Minagile

I work for one of the Big 4 and performed a test run a few years ago on the aptitude test which forms part of the interview process.

There is one exercise which takes about 45-60 minutes, called an "Inbox management exercise".

Basically it involves ranking incoming emails in order of priority - those that can be dealt with later and those that should be assigned or responded to immediately. The test is clearly explained to all candidates and most do not find it overly taxing or stressful.

I agree with Stabs below - rather than rushing off to buy books try to get an indication from people here on boards as to the nature of the aptitude tests and then find some similar examples online.

Rickyroma wrote: »
    Hi Minagile

I work for one of the Big 4 and performed a test run a few years ago on the aptitude test which forms part of the interview process.

There is one exercise which takes about 45-60 minutes, called an "Inbox management exercise".

Basically it involves ranking incoming emails in order of priority - those that can be dealt with later and those that should be assigned or responded to immediately. The test is clearly explained to all candidates and most do not find it overly taxing or stressful.

I agree with Stabs below - rather than rushing off to buy books try to get an indication from people here on boards as to the nature of the aptitude tests and then find some similar examples online.

Hi Rickyroma,

Thanks for your advise!

From your descriptions the "Inbox Management Exercises" sounds very similar to the E-tray test.

I agree with you, there are a lot of online resources available about the Aptitude test. However, I found out all the websites offers practices that requires about £30-£70 for only 2 weeks. I wondered if by any chance you know any web offers good exercisers.

Thanks again for your help!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your advise, what is the webside address? Thanks again!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement