Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agent Struck Off

Options
  • 30-08-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

I use a letting agent to source tenants for two properties and to manage another. I have just found out that the company has been struck off by the companies office and am wondering about implications for clients. Can they continue to operate? are lease documents prepared by them legal and binding? is it time to get out?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mebird

Not sure what you are saying / asking.

The tenancy is between the landlord and the tenant, not the agent.

Maybe the agent was an idiot and put his name down instead. Regardless of any idiotic lease though, a tenancy still exists, and legislation exists to protect landlords and tenants from each other and themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

The agent witnessed the lease agreements. I have since discovered that she has had her licence revoked for client account issues so being struck off looks like the beginning of the end. I'm going to call in there tomorrow to recover my keys.

Advertisement