Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Telephone allowance (re Household Benefits) & VOIP?

• 30-08-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I'm applying for the Household Benefits Allowance (re non-contrib. state pension). In the Telephone Allowance part, there's a choice between landline phone & mobile phone. So it seems to exclude VOIP - has anyone clarified that? (If it's like some government forms, it could be out of date).
    I also want to know if I can start with one call type and switch to a different one later (as when people cancel their landline to use mobile only).
    I've been tying the help number on the form (1890 500 000) for 2 days so far and it's constantly engaged. My employment office says it's the only number for getting these questions answered (and don't have the answers themselves).

I'm signing up to Blueface soon, and cancelling the landline (as it's a difficult line even for voice calls). It might take a while to get through the process & stop paying line rental (I'm damned if I'm going to arrange for Eircom to receive money for nothing from the State either).

Advertisement