Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow People newspaper.

Options
  • 30-08-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

The Carlow People has now become a free newspaper and will be delivered to peoples homes in Carlow, Tullow and Bagenalstown and available for everyone else in the shops. Its only a quarter of the size it used to be now and not really worth reading. I suppose there wasn't a market in the county for two papers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Jacques Thelad

It doesn't mention anything about that on its website: http://www.carlowpeople.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It doesn't mention anything about that on its website: http://www.carlowpeople.ie/

I saw that alright but i have this weeks copy in my hand and its on the front page. The new edition is 46 pages long.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Yes, gone to be free, lots of twitter posts from them. I think they let some people go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

I often wondered how a county this size could support two papers. Never thought much of either of them, to be honest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

I always wondered why Carlow never had a freesheet. - Kildare has 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

there used to be the Advertiser and the Carlow Post years back ... both of those where freesheets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

maxer68 wrote: »
    I always wondered why Carlow never had a freesheet. - Kildare has 3.

Carlow had 2 competing at the same time but they folded (forgive the pun). It's not really surprising that Kildare has 3 when you consider Kildare has 3 times the population (cso)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Carlow had 2 competing at the same time but they folded (forgive the pun). It's not really surprising that Kildare has 3 when you consider Kildare has 3 times the population (cso)

Was one Carlows Own?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

super-rush wrote: »
    The Carlow People has now become a free newspaper and will be delivered to peoples homes in Carlow, Tullow and Bagenalstown and available for everyone else in the shops. Its only a quarter of the size it used to be now and not really worth reading. I suppose there wasn't a market in the county for two papers.

I had a read of the Carlow people that came through my letter box yesterday on the train. I quite liked it, I think they've done a good job on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I had a read of the Carlow people that came through my letter box yesterday on the train. I quite liked it, I think they've done a good job on it.

I agree,
    I was only thinking as I read it how I actually liked the layout and content in this weeks Carlow People more than their older paid editions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Went into 4 shops yesterday to get it and couldn't see it in any one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

super-rush wrote: »
    Went into 4 shops yesterday to get it and couldn't see it in any one of them.

It comes out on a Tuesday doesn't it?

Advertisement