Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geocaching in Waterford

• 30-08-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone on here goes geocaching at all and if they know of any good ones in the city or around the county. I am also thinking of setting up my own one, just trying to decide on where is cool enough place to put one.
    Anyone have any ideas on somewhere out of the way, nice to look at or spend time there and not everyone knows about. ( i know its probably too hard to find somewhere like that in the city, but maybe somewhere not too far outside it?)
    may be a long shot but said i may as well ask!

if you have no idea what im on about at all check out geocaching.com. its pretty cool hobby, im a bit addicted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Aren't you defeating the object a bit if you discuss the place on an open chat site?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bananaface

No not really as most caches give the place in description. Just not the exact place where it hidden :)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

head out to sunnybanks, it's here:
    http://g.co/maps/nuxj zoom out to see the map.
    it looks like it's blocked off, but it's not, there's a path down to the riverwalk. not enough geocaches around waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

KingLoser wrote: »
    head out to sunnybanks, it's here:
    http://g.co/maps/nuxj zoom out to see the map.
    it looks like it's blocked off, but it's not, there's a path down to the riverwalk. not enough geocaches around waterford.

ha Waterford is still in county kilkenny according to google.

Advertisement