Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lightning Strike C&C please

• 30-08-2011 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

REcently got back from holidays in Lagos Portugal and one of the nights there was a lightning show!! so out came the camera and tried to take some pics of it.

Out of the 10 or so, this was the best one.

I'm really not sure how to edit these kind of scenes but gave it a small go. Not overly happy with it so was maybe looking for some tips on how I could bring it out a bit?

Feel free to post up any edits you may want to do with the original pic as examples!

Here's the original:
    IMG_1665.jpg

And heres what i attempted to do then!

Lightening.jpg

It was shot in Jpeg unfort as thats the setting it was on so tried my best!!

Thanks,

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I'd leave the original alone. It's a brilliant photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Paulw wrote: »
    I'd leave the original alone. It's a brilliant photo.

Agree with Paul on this.
    Original for me too. Great photo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Original is lovely, leave her as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I like what you've done with the colours below the horizon in the second one - not a fan of very yellow street lights. But I'd leave above the horizon as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd desaturate the yellows in the bottom half of the image but leave the rest alone, the edited one you posted just looks fake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wonderwoman2

Original you say!

It would be nice to see 1 or 2 others out of the 10 you took just out of interest, I would have thought that such a massive amount of light would light up more of the buildings, just saying :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Original you say!

It would be nice to see 1 or 2 others out of the 10 you took just out of interest, I would have thought that such a massive amount of light would light up more of the buildings, just saying :confused:

I have to say, the photo is seriously confusing me too. Why is there a darker stroke over the central forks to distinguish it from the central glow? Surely they'd be blown out too?

I won't go so far as to say the photo is fake, but I have to say that it certainly looks fake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Thanks for all the replies, the bottom one was me trying to take out some of the red in the picture an some of the yellows, but as said by others, would have liked to keep the lightning the purple colour.

I wasn't really sure what I was at tbh.

The others are blurry or overexposed or not enough lightning on screen, therefor not seeing anything really in the photo!

I also tried sharpening up using a high pass filter with hard light selected, I think I'm just used to doing that with my car photography an it just dosnt work with this!!

Advertisement