Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can a bank do this [Pay a DD and force overdraft]

Options
  • 30-08-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi all just curious to know can a bank make a payment out of your account even if there are no funds in it even though they refuse to give me an overdraft facility and then charge 10.30 for the privilage of doing it in first case ,thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

What was the payment?

Did you want it paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Hi and thanks ,the payment was 345 euro to vodafone who took the money in error and no i did not want it paid ,thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I assume they did it via direct debit? If so, Yes they can.

Ie. You signed a dd instructing them to pay vodafone when they came looking.

As this as an error with vodafone i Suggest you take it up with them and look for the Tenner charge to be reimbursed by vodafone.

understand fully thanks for reply ill be lucky to get refund from vodafone :mad:let alone the 10 euro lol ,i signed up with vodafone via phone and they used my existing bank details to start up account .

Hi im just curious to know what is position in relation to a DDI as a payment was taken from my account in error and the bank say that a DDI can only be applied for 24 hours after the payment was taken,the company say that
    |I can apply for a DDI up to a period of 12 months (find this to less likely)so just looking to know if someone can clear this up thanks in advance .

• Advertisement
Advertisement