Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.edu email account?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can get an .edu email address? Plenty of sites (Amazon, Dropbox and I think Apple) offer discounts and other stuff to students but apparently an .edu email is necessary. Is the studentmail.ul.ie the only thing we get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

.edu is reserved for american institutions only ! ive used my studentmail.ul.ie on dreamspark and softwareforstudents.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

You can get discounted prices on Apple.ie by going through the student portal on the web browser on the computers in college. About 5 months ago I registered my UL email adress on Dropbox as an educational one and it was accepted, doubling all my invites from 250mb to 500mb, however I tried it last week with my brothers UL email and it did not work, so perhaps something within the system has changed, all I know is that it previously did work for me :)

Advertisement