Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking out in spots....HELP!

• 30-08-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

In the last 2months I have been breaking out in spots in and around my chin and more recently one on either side of my lower cheek on both sides. I honestly can't say that my diet or eating habits has changed and I haven't really changed any products that I use.

I'm currently using Clean & Clears deep action cream wash (oil free) in the morning and at night to wash my face, which I then follow with olay moisturiser.

I have also tried various tea-tree spot zappers etc.. and they haven't worked.

Can someone recommend a solution to the problem please? Are there any dedicated face washes or moisturisers that help prevent and get rid of break outs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

I used to use that facewash and I also use Olay moisturiser, and I started getting big red spots under my skin a few months ago, especially around my chin and jawline. I switched to Clean and Clear blackhead clearing daily scrub n it cleared my spots up, hardly ever get one now. I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I use the Elemis tri-enzyme resurfacing facial wash and I find it fantastic! Aswell as cleansing your face twice a day you should also be using an exfoliator one or twice a week and maybe a lavender based mask once or twice a week two, Lavender is both healing and repairing and rather than just drying up spots, also heals them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Could you recommend a lavender based mask? I'd be interested to try one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hiya :) I have dry skin and an oily T-zone and after going through lots of cheaper products I gave Liz Earle a try and found it to be brilliant on my combination skin and I haven't had a breakout in ages. If you have the cash then I suggest you get the three step skin routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭The House Of Wolves

Hiya, I had really bad acne just a few months ago and the first thing I did was dump every single super market brand cleanser in the bin, eg clearsil, clean & clear. They are far too harsh for your skin. I bought La Roche Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (gel is best for oily skin) and Effaclar M, which is a mattifying mousteriser. Effaclar is a range for acne skin, it's pretty affordable if you consider the fact that it really does work.
    You should only exfoliate once a week, but do do it, as it removes dead skin cells which cause blockage of the pores.
    There are also things like drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, which is the best trick ever, and changing your pillowcase.
    Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭giggle84

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Hiya :) I have dry skin and an oily T-zone and after going through lots of cheaper products I gave Liz Earle a try and found it to be brilliant on my combination skin and I haven't had a breakout in ages. If you have the cash then I suggest you get the three step skin routine.

I got the whole set of Liz Earle products for Christmas last year and they made my skin break out really badly! I have oily skin though so maybe that's why. Think the exfoliator may have been the culprit because that's really oily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Roselm wrote: »
    Could you recommend a lavender based mask? I'd be interested to try one

Again, Elemis have an excellent one. It called Herbal Lavender Repair mask, can be used as an all over mask once/ twice a week or can be used as an "on the spot" cream to clear it up. I am a Beauty Therapist and I have worked with a lot of skincare ranges but I would SWEAR by ELemis!
    You can get it in a lot of spa's, online and I think some of dept stores might do it! Hope this helps!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I bought La Roche Posay Effaclar Foaming Gel (gel is best for oily skin) and Effaclar M, which is a mattifying mousteriser. Effaclar is a range for acne skin, it's pretty affordable if you consider the fact that it really does work.

+1

I really like this cleanser and the Effaclar Duo treatment. Duo really is one of those products that works overnight.

Advertisement