Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 30-08-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Im confused about selecting arts subjects. I have my two pre selected subjects geography and politicals and international relations and to amass the 60 credits I'm looking to do a third major in history. My confusion is, is there a set course for these subjects or do I have to select modules from that subject?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

With many Arts subjects there are only 4 modules offered in first year, some of which may be core modules, so there isn't a lot of choice. When I did History and Politics in first year there was only 4 modules offered in each. Although I think people doing History as a single major had an extra module and there was a Politics elective.

You can see what modules are offered at Stage 1 here:

http://www.ucd.ie/students/course_search.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Jackies green army

Cheers but do I have to apply for them on Thursday morning?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Things are a bit different this year so I'm not sure. For your two main subject streams I'd imagine the system will automatically register you to 20 credits each. Unless there are more than 4 modules offered in which case it'll probably register you to the core modules and let you choose the rest. But honestly I don't know. You'll be registering to your tutorials and seminars anyway so you'll find out then.

Advertisement