Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mespil Estate Flats

Options
  • 30-08-2011 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when these were built? The red bricked ones beside the Burlington Hotel on Sussex Road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Not sure when they were built, but I'd say it was probably about 20-30 years ago at this stage. I've been in them recently, and they're actually a lot nicer inside than they look outside. I was quite (pleasantly) suprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I know they were definitely there in 1993 but don't know how long before that they were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Built in the 50s as far as I remember. Not that I was around then but I grew up nearbly and remember reading about them and the dodgy sales to Dublins elite.

Earliest link I can find is 1967, but they were definately around for about a decade before that.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/1967/02/09/00086.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Thanks for that borderlinemeath. I just need the date to get a quote for house content insurance as they want to know when the place went up.

Advertisement