Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Silver Netopia Router restarting within 1 minute

Options
  • 30-08-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭

Hello fellow eircom staff,
    I am speaking on behalf of an elderly relative.

Her Silver Netopia 2247NWG, keeps restarting within a minute of turning it on.

This model has been plagued by overheating and stability issues and is an issue well known to eircom, as you can see in this thread.

The DSL connection fails to establish most times after powering it on.
    In fact, on the rare occurrence when the DSL light managed to stay solid (stop blinking), it will only stay lit for 3 seconds,
    before the the power light goes Red and the router restarts.

After ringing technical support last night and doing some extensive testing,
    (all the way to plugging it into the Master Phone socket without a filter,
    and pushing the reset switch at the back with a toothpick)
    I can confirm that the router is faulty.

Over the last few months she has noticed the connection down multiple times during the day, and it got progressively worse until now it cant even keep a DSL connection for more than 3 seconds.

As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating for someone in their 70s.

Can anything be done to resolve the issue please?

I can provide the phone number, and the reference number we received last night on request.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

Oh and even if it was to be replaced by a non-wifi Router,
    that would be perfectly fine as she only uses the Ethernet connection.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

waveform wrote: »
    Hello fellow eircom staff,
    I am speaking on behalf of an elderly relative.

Her Silver Netopia 2247NWG, keeps restarting within a minute of turning it on.

This model has been plagued by overheating and stability issues and is an issue well known to eircom, as you can see in this thread.

The DSL connection fails to establish most times after powering it on.
    In fact, on the rare occurrence when the DSL light managed to stay solid (stop blinking), it will only stay lit for 3 seconds,
    before the the power light goes Red and the router restarts.

After ringing technical support last night and doing some extensive testing,
    (all the way to plugging it into the Master Phone socket without a filter,
    and pushing the reset switch at the back with a toothpick)
    I can confirm that the router is faulty.

Over the last few months she has noticed the connection down multiple times during the day, and it got progressively worse until now it cant even keep a DSL connection for more than 3 seconds.

As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating for someone in their 70s.

Can anything be done to resolve the issue please?

I can provide the phone number, and the reference number we received last night on request.

Thanks for your time.

Hi waveform,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum on Boards.

If you PM the broadband phone number concerned, I will look into this for you.

Best regards,
    Ant

Thanks for the reply Ant, i didn't get a chance to reply until now.

I rang eircom technical support in the meantime, and they sent out an engineer who has ordered a replacement router and it will be delivered by courier.

Will let you know how it goes, cheers!

Thanks for the reply Ant, i didn't get a chance to reply until now.

I rang eircom technical support in the meantime, and they sent out an engineer who has ordered a replacement router and it will be delivered by courier.

Will let you know how it goes, cheers!

Advertisement