Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

theory test question

• 30-08-2011 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

How many questions are there in the test now? I know it was 40 up to April 4th but i thought it increased after that...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No, that was a rumour that was going around for a while. It's still 40 questions, and you have to get 35 correct to pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ivan Offlcockitch

aw brilliant. Thanks a million man.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭HotP0pp3r

This cause i was s***** it that it was more :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I may be missing something, but would it necessarily be harder if it was more? I imagine if they DID increase it to 80 questions, it would still be based on the same set of questions (i.e. the ones in the book or on the CD) and you would need 70/80 to pass - the test would take longer but as the questions are randomly sampled I'm not sure it would be that much harder!

But it's still 40 so don't worry. I've been hearing that it's increasing to 80 for years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

The number of questions being asked will remain the same. The number of questions required to pass will remain the same. The basic format of the test will remain the same. Some of the questions will be different. More feedback will be given.
    loobylou wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Roaning

I may be missing something, but would it necessarily be harder if it was more? I imagine if they DID increase it to 80 questions, it would still be based on the same set of questions (i.e. the ones in the book or on the CD) and you would need 70/80 to pass - the test would take longer but as the questions are randomly sampled I'm not sure it would be that much harder!

Yeah but what about those of us who didn't know the answer to 6 of the questions and randomly guessed them? Harder guessing 12 than 6.

I got 40/40 in the test btw, dodged a freaking bullet.

Advertisement