Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 100 Game Trailers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Skyrim and Oblivion trailers should be well placed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Holy Crap that Dead Island trailer is insane. Serious chills down my spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really was unimpressed with the first batch, alot of stuff there imo should have been higher up.
    They seem to have contradicted themselves as well by stating they wont be showing old stuff just for nostalgia and yet that is exactly what they did.
    And dont get me started on the honorable mentions garbage, seriously Skyrim getting an honorable mention at number 87 WTF is that?
    Also they seem to be forgoing alot of cinematic stuff for gameplay which is a big mistake in my opinion
    After watching that im not really looking forward to the rest of the countdown

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Skyrim trailer didn't even get in the top100, just gets an honourable mention under no 89 .....:( :(
    Where does it say honourable mentions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, some odd choices already. The honourable mentions are to the right of the name of the actual trailer. Skyrim was 87, and Hellgate London (which was a great trailer) was an honourable mention in a similar position. Still though, enjoyed watching the 1st part, even if i don't agree with a lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Wow cant believe that Hellgate: London trailer only made it as an honorable mention. Plus the fact that the Castlevania Lord of Shadow trailer was in the 80's. But I guess they cant please everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

weird choices alright....

i am not a fan of GoW, but i remember that trailer. it made me to buy xbox and Gow back then. Deffo had to be higher then that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

humanji wrote: »
    Where does it say honourable mentions?

As you look at a video..at the start with the title...right hand bottom corner. I don't know how you've missed them haha. They take up near a 1/4 of the screen for a few secs

Skyrim gets a mention at 89 at the start of LA.Noire

My only other hope is that this gets a high spot
    I can still remember being blown away by it for the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Ahhh no no no ....only came in at no.67 :(

This countdown is pointless. Im only watching it now to spot some cool trailers that i may have missed

• Advertisement

Watching the latest two at the moment (80-41). There are some really odd choices. Starcraft 2 launch trailer, Mass Effect 2 launch trailer, Halo 3 Believe....they should have been much higher imo. Same with the Fallout 3 trailers.

Still though, and enjoyable watch.

okay... list officially is bull****

40-21

Warcraft 3 trailers
    WOW Wotlk ( should be atleast in top 10, most epic trailer i ever seen, even outside of being ex wow player. great sound, video, idea )

DMC4 trailer was bad ass, still one of the favorites of all time!

all these had to be waaaaaay higher then they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Lads, the narrator even stated at the start of this entire campaign that game trailers are becoming pieces of art. Art is entirely subjective, and consensus is almost impossible... :P

I am enjoying this for the nostalgic purposes and I am curious to see what GT thinks are the top 10 greatest trailers of all time.

My bet is on being a top 3 trailer and their argument lying with how it grabbed millions of people's interest and how they destroyed George Lucas' prequels in just four minutes of awesomeness!

okay... list officially is bull****

40-21

Warcraft 3 trailers
    WOW Wotlk ( should be atleast in top 10, most epic trailer i ever seen, even outside of being ex wow player. great sound, video, idea )

DMC4 trailer was bad ass, still one of the favorites of all time!

all these had to be waaaaaay higher then they are!

If i was put on the spot i would say this WotLK is the best trailer i have ever seen. The narration is fantastic along with the animation and graphics.

Gametrailers have a massive hardon for the CoD series. No doubt one of those will be in the top ten or even number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Gametrailers have a massive hardon for the CoD series. No doubt one of those will be in the top ten or even number 1

Yeah pretty much, not outside the realm of possibility that the top 10 will be purely CoD :pac:

The Warcraft 3 cinematics were far better then the World of Warcraft ones. They are all brilliant, but nothing beats the Death of Hellscream or the Arthas Betrayal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

glad to see the love of wcIII!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

has Alan Wake been mentioned on it?

love the "previously on" chapter beginnings too,ties it into the episodic nature of it really well

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

and this has GOT to be on there, remember seeing this at some Playstation conference and the place went mad for it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yup putting my money on there being 2-3 CoD ones in the top 10 for the fanboys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

krudler wrote: »
    and this has GOT to be on there, remember seeing this at some Playstation conference and the place went mad for it

That's a pretty epic trailer, gotta hand it to them there.

Jesus i remember seeing this trailer ages ago somewhere, but its what made me buy the game (ask for it for christmas) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

So, the countdown is over - not sure if
    ....Bioshock.....(padding)
    should have gotten the number 1 spot :)

It was great trailer. Well worth first place.

Though I am sucker for those games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

great trailer, bloody depressing though :( just reminds me how far square have fallen

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The Last Guardian in #2 made me smile.

And cry, but then Team Ico's beauty always does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I found if I hadn't played the game, I didn't care for the trailer bar a few. I couldn't see what was so good about the god of war trailer and I had a serious WTF moment at #2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

My favourite trailer ever and the live audience reaction cements it for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEkqZaKNlhI&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The Last Guardian in #2 made me smile.

And cry, but then Team Ico's beauty always does.

Amazing as the graphics are in that trailer, and gentle as the story is, it still manages to bore the crap outta me each and every time.

Advertisement