Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Sitting Room 5.1 set up - your thoughts?

• 30-08-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am hoping to deck out my sitting room with some new gear. Would mainly use it for 50:50 Movies and Music. The spec I was thinking was

Onkyo TX-NR609
    B&W 685 Theatre AV Speaker Package

with probable

Sky+
    Media streaming TV for online movies eg: Samsung Smart TV

Any thoughts on this folks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

chamaid wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this folks?
    The speakers are nice and the amp is full of features. You can hardly go far wrong with it. Without knowing your budget or where you're buying it's hard to advise against them.
    Post a pic of the setup when complete :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I have the B&W 685 with upgraded sub (10") and its a class system. I have paired it with a Denon 1910 (same price level as the Onkyo 6 series). I never auditioned with an Onkyo but just listened to what seemed to be a perception that Denon is a good match for B&W. Whilst I do love the system, I think a 2310 would have been slightly better suited but at the time out of my price range. I will be upgrading the amp when money allows, but also the fronts to the 684's (moving the 685 and 686 around to form a 7.1)!! I have a large enough room 8 x 6 meters.

Long and short I'd say you'll be exceptionally happy, as I said the 685 is pure class, you cannot beat conventional box type speakers!

Advertisement