Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELE or equivalent?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever done a formal Spanish exam such as the DELE? Something similar to the TOFEL? Any info of your experiences would be muchly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭una_profesora

scruff321 wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever done a formal Spanish exam such as the DELE? Something similar to the TOFEL? Any info of your experiences would be muchly appreciated.
    No experience but I am interested myself and found some info about DELE exams on Instituto Cervantes site:

http://dublin.cervantes.es/en/diplomas_spanish/information_diplomas_spanish.htm
    Availability and prices for 2011

SPRING EXAMINATION SESSION
    • Exam: 20th and 21st of May
    AUTUMN EXAMINATION SESSION
    • Exam: 18th and 19th of November
    Time-table for registration:
    • From Monday to Thursday 09:30 - 20:00
    • Friday 09:30 - 13.30

PRICES OF EXAMS
    • Diploma de Español Level A1 €110
    • Diploma de Español Level A2 €122
    • Diploma de Español Level B1(Initial) €138
    • Diploma de Español Level B2(Intermediate) €183
    • Diploma de Español Level C1 €196
    • Diploma de Español Level C2 (Superior) €204

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I did the B1 back in 2009. I really enjoyed it, I like having someone to work for and it gave me something to aim for. You can do courses for it but I didn't have time/money at the time.

The exams are tough enough. I thought it would be easy given that I'd spent a year in South America and did some Spanish in college, but there is a whole section on grammar so you really have to know your stuff. I found the listening comprehension tough enough too, but I really didn't prepare well for the exam.

I'm going to go on and do more eventually. It's nice to have an official certificate in a language and not just be saying you're wonderful on CV's without any evidence. The European Common Framework is well known and the same for all European languages (those for which it is available) which makes it all the more worthwhile.

Results can take a long time, did mine in November results were about Feb I think and it's a very intensive day. All parts of the exam are on the same day, written, grammar, listening and talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

Wow really? sounds tough. Im like yourself now i want something to aim for. Ive been in South America for 6 months.How much were the classes? Id like to do classes just out of interest? I think its a good bit cheaper to do the DELE here. i have mostly learnt Spanish studying on my own, but my motivation is waning, i need structure and someone telling what to do!

Results can take a long time, did mine in November results were about Feb I think and it's a very intensive day. All parts of the exam are on the same day, written, grammar, listening and talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

No experience but I am interested myself and found some info about DELE exams on Instituto Cervantes site:

http://dublin.cervantes.es/en/diplomas_spanish/information_diplomas_spanish.htm

Thanks for that!

Advertisement