Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Boards.ie Offer Load a sh**e

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

dub45 wrote: »
    It should be pointed out forcibly to Mr O'Neill seeing as he is responsible for masterminding the dd+ scheme that a customer taking out a dd+ should not be unwittingly compromising the integrity of their bank account.

Couldn't agree more!

After a lot of emails to and fro from Michael O'Neill today and a few phonecalls from myself to banks, my local branch emailed me a Direct Debit Claim Form which I filled in and emailed back. They would like me to come in tomorrow anyway and sign a form. Then they say they will be able to stop the payment to UPC.

It's two days after I received an acknowledgement of my email to UPC where they said they would contact me within two working days. Still not heard from them.......mad.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

cardol wrote: »
    After a lot of emails to and fro from Michael O'Neill today and a few phonecalls from myself to banks, my local branch emailed me a Direct Debit Claim Form which I filled in and emailed back. They would like me to come in tomorrow anyway and sign a form. Then they say they will be able to stop the payment to UPC.

It's two days after I received an acknowledgement of my email to UPC where they said they would contact me within two working days. Still not heard from them.......mad.gif

It is absurd the lengths that you have had to go to in this matter. It appears to make a mockery of the assurances on the IPSO website too.

It just confirms all the fears I have long had about the direct debit system and also confirms that the customer comes a very poor third after the companies and the banks in the scheme.

Did the DD manager give any explanation as to why it was necessary for you to go to such lengths to preserve the integrity of your bank account?

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

It was interesting how when I had to ring the bank call centre and my local branch, they still maintained they couldn't do naything. Even when I said I'd been in contact with IPSO and Michael O'Neill. They went off, spoke to someone senior, and came back and still said no.
    So I told Michael O'Neill this and he contacted my local branch and then emailed me to say it was passed on to PTSB Head Office and they would contact me.
    By 16:40, when I still had heard nothing back, I emailed him to say. I waited a few minutes because he was normally very quick replying to me, and when I heard notthing from him, I rang his office and was told he was in a meeting. His secretary seemed to know what it was about when I briefly described it, and contacted PTSB Head Office and then rang me back to say HO would call me.
    When they did a few minutes later, they had been in contact with my local bramch and said someone from there would contact me. And they did a few minutes later. They said it was no problem to stop the payment, they have ways to do it. All of this was happening very fast as it was getting up to 17:00. They sent the form, I filled it in and sent it back.

But the amazing thing afaic is that no-one lower down the ranks knew this payment could be stopped despite all of them speaking to "someone senior". But when I got higher up, things happened at breakneck speed and the general impression I got was that there is no problem stopping the payment and I had nothing to worry about. In short, I could relax. There was laughs all around!

I've decided I'm not going to give any company my bank details over the phone anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think the DD issues thing has been done to death at this stage (and applies to all companies, not just UPC), and since this thread has shown that the UPC Boards offer is alive and well, it's run it's course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement